Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

hi guys

after much toiling, i have decided to sell my much loved Veloce front bumper from my 33.

it is a series 2 bumper, in good condition, and it will be primed ready for paint.

it is a bare bumper, the side mounts are removed as they were typically rusty and lose, typical!

i will take better pictures next week, but it is this bumper...

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0258.jpg

offers if you're interested...

cheers

shrew

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
mate, got any pictures of this bumper on the S3 33 ?
Just to see how it looks on an S3 and painted the same colour.

I need 250 euro's to make a front splitter here on my own bumper, so if I like the looks of this one, I might go for it !

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yep should have some pictures of it trial fitted (taped!) on to a S3 33, but it isn't painted the same colour i'm afraid.

the Adie Hawkins AHM racecar is essentially the look i wanted to achieve with it, so that will give you an idea of it painted, but only a lose idea.

DSC_0258.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

if you're half competent at bodywork things like fibreglass/filling, then it should be reasonably straight forward to get the AHM look.

the width is good, but it wants "stretching" by a inch or two down the sides so that it protrudes further forward than the S3 sloping headlamps like the AHM car look,

alternatively, the BLS racecar is a S3, similar bumper, but S2 headlamps and grill, to get around the shortness issue in a different way, and that looks cool too.

however, the good thing about the first method, is that the bumper mount rail that runs underneath the top lip, is well hidden under the sloping grill panel, so you can get some really solid nut and bolt fixings discretely hidden under there, and it will be the best mounted bumper ever,

once the side mounts are sorted anyway.

i can get some better pictures next week, and hopefully i'll get it bogged and primed a little too, to ready it for the next owner that fancies the challenge!

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone?

over the weekend i offered it to another member at the sunday morning meet, for just £50 cash, as you see it above, plain and rubbed back

thats cheap that is, anyone fancy it,

make it known now before i prime it and ask proper money for it?

shrew

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok chaps

last chance before fleabay, here it is now, ready for final bog/sand and paint.

DSC_0549.jpg

DSC_0550.jpg

DSC_0551.jpg

any offers?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get the ferry across, take it back as hand luggage :D

sure shrew would meet you ;)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ha ha!

familar sounding woe's and thoughts!

I'll go anywhere theres a cuppa, pint, or alfa involved, to be fair

try Shiply.com to get an estimate of courier quote???

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds like a plan that Rodger,

i'd give it a go, only the east coast is frozen according to this mornings pictures of the Jolly Fisherman!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Drunken dreams on my part im afraid :lol:

See, If I buy this, Ill have to paint it, then paintt he skirts and rear bumber (ive unpainted plastic ones on the 33) then Ill end up painting the the whole thing to make sure it matches and the sud will be dust by the time I round get to it :lol:

Shame though, it looks the business.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
£50 quid, is it not worth a gamble anyone,

or fleabay gets it and it dissappears into oblivion...

OR

what colour do you want it painting Fluffy?

ha ha!

shrew

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you got me thinking there for a minute mate..............

could do with moving the rad well forward and removing the front panel would help that no end.

but then what about the wings :confused: could be done but would be a bit of work :D

plan on running bumperless anyway :cool:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm, interesting?

that could look pretty cool if it swept round and met the wings nicely,

fancy it Kev?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I should have been called Rodgerino and should be working @ Pininfarina... I'm a styling God lol

I still have the bits of front bumper I chopped up with the intention of making a front splitter, the part I chopped was the plastic section from later bumper, like a spacer, turned upside down makes for a nice look.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good Morining Mate

I think its a little late for my Veloce bumper to end up on Kev's sud, it has been snapped up!

I'm just waiting to hear wether it sold on its own or along with my 33 shell and bits.

Don't you know anyone who'd fancy a good series 3 shell and parts Rodger, just in case?

Shrew

1 - 18 of 18 Posts