Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am currently looking at the idea of a new Mito, but am aware that the spec levels were recently tweeked and renamed.
Does anyone know what the differences are between the older Veloce and new Distinctive trim as I usually prefer to buy nearly new, but am concerned I'd be missing out a bit if I didn't go for the new spec 2011 version.

thanks
Jez

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
don't know if i've got all the changes right but the head and tail light surrounds and door mirror covers are now lucid chrome finish instead of satin silver, the new distinctive has a different seat fabric. metal pedals and reversing sensors are now standard and the blue and me usb socket has an aux out socket beside it so you can plug your i-pod straight in, theres the 'new' 70's throwback colour of mettalic brown as well, but the prices have taken a hike, overall you may be better off getting the older model with zero miles on the clock, dealers still have them

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Cruise control and sill plates as standard also. :)
Why have they changed the name!?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Ones fast the other is pretty

·
Registered
62 Posts
I pick up a brand new Veloce tomorrow. It was at Portbury docks, ready to roll and I got a fantastic deal on it.....! I did not want an Alfa Romeo 'Distinctive'!! The cheaper 'Progression' sounds slightly better to me...

·
Administrator
87,583 Posts
And you wont have that terrible name, someone gets paid to dream up names like that :confused:
Someone got paid to come up with those names a long time before someone got paid to come up with Veloce, Lusso & Turismo ;)

Why have they changed the name!?
Trim level description harmonisation. Finally the UK/ROI will use the existing trim level names that have been used in most of the rest of Europe for years ;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
sill plates as standard

having looked at the online e-brochure it describes 'aluminium kick plates' i think these are the same as the lusso and veloce models already had, just a small strip of aluminium in plastic, not the mito branded sill plates

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
sill plates as standard

having looked at the online e-brochure it describes 'aluminium kick plates' i think these are the same as the lusso and veloce models already had, just a small strip of aluminium in plastic, not the mito branded sill plates
Ow ok, i see. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies guys.
I must admit those few extra options do make the spec a little more comparable with my Brera so I wouldn't say no. Plus I'm not that put off by the distinctive name-as long is it's not written all over the car can't see it being too much of a problem.
I suppose it'll boil down to if they offer a deal I can't refuse on a Veloce.

One other thing I noticed in the new brochure it refers to some rear suspension tweaks.
Is this a new thing for 2011MY or something that's been around for a while?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts