Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 2009 MiTo Veloce. I'm in the process of 'modernising' it where I can, and part of it is updating the badges. I need to get a couple of dark grey Veloce badges to put on the front flanks (above side indicators)

Anyone know a good place to get them (price-wise) and where to find a template for them?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Not sure what "template" you are expecting. Anything from Aliexpress will be a copy badge of unknown material and with a guess of where to put it.
On the production line the badge is applied with a fitting jig that attaches to the front wing at the correct alignment while the operator pushes the badge through.
For me, I would put on one badge at an optically pleasant position then measure the other side to be identical. This is the procedure in a bodyshop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure what "template" you are expecting. Anything from Aliexpress will be a copy badge of unknown material and with a guess of where to put it.
On the production line the badge is applied with a fitting jig that attaches to the front wing at the correct alignment while the operator pushes the badge through.
For me, I would put on one badge at an optically pleasant position then measure the other side to be identical. This is the procedure in a bodyshop.
That's a fair point about AliExpress - however, I know that a template exists for the Giulia so I'd have thought one will exist for the Mito too, especially since they brought out a Veloce badged version. I don't really want to eyeball it as I like things to be exact but, oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts