Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Veloce is due its 2nd service next month. I live in Nottingham and bought the car after the 1st lockdown last summer as an ex demo, the car was given its first service then and has just done 10k miles. As it was an ex demo and so previously registered, I was unable to get any service packages.

I have had 3 quotes from my nearest dealers which are as follows...

Stoneacre Chesterfield £459.00
Sturgess Leics £426.00
Beechdale Derby £ 530.00

I also have the option of going to a local Indie who I use and trust for the Spider, he is a trained Master Alfa tech, local, and would be much cheaper.

I'd be interested to know what sort of prices other people have been paying for their 2nd service, has anyone had their cars serviced by any of the above and what were they like, and, would anyone go down the Indie route ?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Firstly I would recommend you purchase a service plan from an authorised AR dealer. They are around £499 for two services and £649 for three, so when you put those figures into context against the figures you were quoted for just one service, they are a no brainer.

Secondly, use the search function on the forum and you will see several threads relating to this topic which will include all dealers where fellow members have purchad the plans from.

Just check that they are the approved MOPAR plans and that they can be used at any dealer across the AR network.

I would bet most members on here do not pay for a single services on their Giulia's or Stelvio's.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I paid £480 for a second service at Beechdale last year. It should apparently have been £530 but they knocked me £50 off for being a "good" customer.

They then reluctantly sold me a three year service plan for £499.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If your car is still within its warranty period then i would stick to main dealers for the time being personally and avoid the indie route. You dont want to give them an excuse to not honour a claim further down the line.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Ti MY21
42 Posts
Is it possible to understand which indies are approved, and therefore warranty isn't impacted by using them for servicing? Recently called Alfa Aid in Maidenhead down the road from me but he wasn't taking on any new work. Some places don't even mention if they are or not (like a place in Marlow) but would have thought AR UK would have a publicised list somewhere as they're the ones that much be approving these places? Any place could claim to be approved otherwise

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid £480 for a second service at Beechdale last year. It should apparently have been £530 but they knocked me £50 off for being a "good" customer.

They then reluctantly sold me a three year service plan for £499.
That 3 year service plan sounds like a good deal.
I have since been intouch with Research Nuneaton whom I got the car from. Its further than I wanted to travel but they have quoted £420 with a courtesy car, so will go with them and make a day trip of it.
In theory the EU block exemption means any garage can service a new car and the warranty wont be effected provided they use OEM parts, fluids and stick to service schedules.
However I will more than likely buy an extended warranty I dont want any excuse from Alfa not to honour it because I used an Indie.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a good deal. When I contacted my local dealer they said I could only get a service package on new vehicles :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Thats a good deal. When I contacted my local dealer they said I could only get a service package on new vehicles :rolleyes:
Many dealers make it as difficult as they can for owners to buy the service plan, because they lose financially. Some of them lie.

A trustworthy dealer such as LC Motors will be more helpful.

Reactions: Stugman

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes its a lottery. One dealer has agreed to offer me a service plan and is going to give me a quote but I'm not holding my breath.
Other dealers have just said its not available if its not a new car. The 2nd service pricing also varies by £100 between dealers 🙄
For now I have a 2nd service booked in for next month and I'm negotiating a service plan with another dealer for services 3 and 4.
Will see what hapens.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
if purchasing the Mopar service plan, you can buy it from a helpful AR dealer and use it at any other.

In my experience, LC Motors will sell you the Mopar plan even if you have no intention of getting your car serviced in Newport. Ask for Gianni.

There is a fixed Mopar price nationally. LC Motors may these days be charging a handling fee, if you are likely to get the servicing done elsewhere though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hadnt realised that, I was just looking at local dealers didnt know it could be used at another dealer.
Having said that I visit Newport regularly with work so could be an option to get serviced there.
Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I choose to do a 70 mile return journey for services at LC Motors, Newport or Cwmbran.

After 40 years of Alfa ownership, when the car is under warranty or subject of a service plan, I choose an AR workshop which I know I can trust, there are so few in this country.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Been offered a 24 month service plan from a local Alfa dealer...........

£1333.00 for 24 months plan.😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Ask LC Motors for a price, I paid them under £700 for a 3 year Mopar plan covering any AR including a Giulia Quadrifoglio.

It is possible that AR UK have realised that £700 was costing them a fortune and put the price up a lot.

£1333 for 2 years for a Veloce is excessive, surely.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Been offered a 24 month service plan from a local Alfa dealer...........

£1333.00 for 24 months plan.😂😂😂😂
Can you play along and ask them for a detailed breakdown of what each £666 service consists of please, i fancy a laugh.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ask LC Motors for a price, I paid them under £700 for a 3 year Mopar plan covering any AR including a Giulia Quadrifoglio.

It is possible that AR UK have realised that £700 was costing them a fortune and put the price up a lot.

£1333 for 2 years for a Veloce is excessive, surely.
My next service is not due until November and I was umming and ahhing about leaving it until later in the year until buying a 2nd, 3rd and 4th (expensive) year service for my MY20 280 hp Stelvio Veloce. I ended up biting the bullet in February for about £650. £1333 for two services sounds very excessive to me.

Maybe Mopar have put the prices up but surely not by that much.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can you play along and ask them for a detailed breakdown of what each £666 service consists of please, i fancy a laugh.
I made a mistake it was £1113.
Including some additional stuff I wouldnt want.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts