Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahh help. Can't decide which to get 155 veloce or new 133 veloce multiair?
All set to go for the 155 and discovered being discontinued, I can still get hold of them so do I go for this still or do I go for new 133 multiair? The cloverleaf 170bhp is out of budget so ruled that out! Going mad trying to decide????
Also does the new 133 bhp veloce still get red callipers, spoiler, rear sports bumper with air intake and the twin or single exhaust etc etc?
Got to make decision this week for mid march new company car!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Dunno about the accessories, but I ended up choosing the 135 Multiair over the 155 model. Newer tech, and all that. Besides, the performance differences are not that big, you only notice them on paper, I'd say. And the 135 model comes with the tweaks (shorter gear stick, adjusted steering etc.), I am not sure if these are included in the new 155 model? probably are, but what if you get an older 155 spec?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I've got a 155 and can't imagine anything less.
On the other hand, the Multiair of course has much to offer, particularly in the way of lower fuel bills which has been a widespread qualm among non-Multiair owners.

Either way, you'd be a winner.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was told around February/March. Sorry, can't help you with the specs because I suspect my situation won't be applicable to your's (different countries, probably have different specs anyways?) In Finland they only sell the Veloce (I think?) spec with the sports pack, and Blue&me included, none of it is optional.

·
Administrator
88,164 Posts
Also do you know if it has the bits I mentioned above?
Why don't you ask your dealer for a spec list of the 135 MultiAir ? He should have the information or at least be able to get it for you.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I would say it depends on the amount of spirited driving you are looking for, what is the power of the Seat you have? I went for the 155 because a) I was coming from a 148BHP car and b) the 135 was not an option at the time. I have since had the car tweaked to a Mangos 170 and it is great when you need the extra push but really depends what you looking for out of the car.

If I had the choice of the 135 or 170 I suspect like you I would have found the 170 to be too much as the 155 was at the top of my budget at the time.

I would say ideally you need to test both the 135 and the 155 if you can find anyone with them both or even a visit to more than one dealers to try them. I guess any 155 will be a "from stock" so will depend if there are any about with the spec you want

·
Registered
735 Posts
Take this also into calculation:

- if you are buying a discontinued 155, woudnt that be a strong argument to try to lower the price as much as possible?
- maybe the dealer has in mind to quickly sell the lot of "old" MiTos - great for discounts

N

·
0 Posts
Take this also into calculation:

- if you are buying a discontinued 155, woudnt that be a strong argument to try to lower the price as much as possible?
- maybe the dealer has in mind to quickly sell the lot of "old" MiTos - great for discounts
That sounds like a good plan.

Anyway there's no substitute for extra BHP. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Dunno about the accessories, but I ended up choosing the 135 Multiair over the 155 model. Newer tech, and all that. Besides, the performance differences are not that big, you only notice them on paper, I'd say. And the 135 model comes with the tweaks (shorter gear stick, adjusted steering etc.), I am not sure if these are included in the new 155 model? probably are, but what if you get an older 155 spec?

No it doesn't - Not the 135 anyway. Its just the 170 cloverleaf that comes with the improved gearbox etc (as i understand it anyway)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanx for advice so far. Think I'm edging toward 135 multiair. It's a company car through a lease company on contract hire so hagling over price for stock 155bhp is not so simple. Really not much difference in performance from the 155 anyway.
Currently drive seat leon 1.9tdi and might end going for the 2.0tdi which works out cheaper than the mitos.....though kinda got my heart set on the alfa!!

Can't seem to get any clear info on twin exhaust or short gear stick for the 135 veloce errrr decisions eh

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Go for the 170 QV as AFAIK, that's the one with all the improved bits on. Failing that, the 155 is a belter:cool:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Why is it my dealership knows sweet FA? asked them about the gear stick, they dont know. They reckon the 155 isnt being discontinued as there is no direct replacement its just gonna be the 135 multi air the 155 and then the cloverleaf.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I too have had conflicting advice from different dealers, mine seem to know nothing either. However picked up 2010 brochure this week and next to 155 on price list it says in small print subject to stock.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
the gear stick is only 1 inch shorter than the existing model, if you look at the current one it won't make any difference to the gearchange, personally i'm quite happy to have 1 inch more than other owners!

·
Registered
198 Posts
No it doesn't - Not the 135 anyway. Its just the 170 cloverleaf that comes with the improved gearbox etc (as i understand it anyway)
That's not the impression I got from earlier posts. Not that the 135 will a new gearbox, just a shortened gear stick and a few other minor tweaks here and there. Before there was even any info about the 170 QV, there were some news indicating that the new Multiair versions would get some minor tweaks/improvements, as compared to the older non-Multiair models. It's these I was referring to.

The 170 QV will have other, more significant adjustments as well, I think? Adjustable suspension and so on?

·
Registered
240 Posts
As far as I know the 135 will just be the new engine, and the 170 will be new gearbox (not just shorter gearstick!) suspension and steering tweeks. Let me sese if I can find the article..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts