Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last question can you tell I'm a newbie my temp gauge only goes up to about 70 under normal running I appreciate it's cold atm but I'm used to a gauge sitting around halfway about 90c is this normal mines a 2.0 jts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Last question can you tell I'm a newbie my temp gauge only goes up to about 70 under normal running I appreciate it's cold atm but I'm used to a gauge sitting around halfway about 90c is this normal mines a 2.0 jts
It should be 90c. If it's settling at 70 you need a new thermostat probably. It's a common thing to need replacing with a car your age.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Also bear in mind that the dash guage may not be accurate, and that the mark between 50 & 90 is actually 80 not 70. Some guages under-read, done over. You can check the actual temp seen by the ecu with ecu scan etc to confirm.

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Also bear in mind that the dash guage may not be accurate, and that the mark between 50 & 90 is actually 80 not 70. Some guages under-read, done over. You can check the actual temp seen by the ecu with ecu scan etc to confirm.
I treat the mark between 50 and 90 as meaning, "somewhere between 50 & 90" :lol:

It seems to vary on a car by car basis to be honest. The gauges do not display very accurately, but the temp readout from the ECU is accurate to the degree.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Its a GT not a 156. The gauge should read 90 due to the way 147/GT gauge operates.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fitted new oem thermostat housing today Inc new temp probe. Refilled with fresh antifreeze longline red and tested now have solid 90 deg temp and a happy car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts