Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Vehicle Service Campaign Notification

2240 16
Hi Stelivowners....

I just got a letter from FCA notifying me of a vehicle recall for an Amplifier malfunction...

Anyone else had this yet ? Mine is a 2021 Veloce with the standard 2021 audio, notification says Amplifier may malfunction and as a consequence sound system might fail and a fault indication may appear on the instrument panel..... The repair is an update to the amplifier module software taking around 1 hour

Seems pretty minor so may just roll until service due.. question is if I leave it and it fails do they have any comeback as I did not get the update performed in what they deem a timely manner ?

Cheers !
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
946 Spider LE, Giulia Veloce, Stelvio Speciale
1,321 Posts
Interesting.
When I spoke to my dealer they and others said they dont do software updates on routine services, only if something goes wrong that can be fixed by a software update.
Im surprised you have had this letter, we have a 19 Giulia and 18 Stelvio no letter for either.

· Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Campaign reference is 6361 if that helps, does not state model year but mine is 2021 so has different entertainment system than the 18/19's so may be why you have not received.

The letter says - "We urgently request you make an appointment with your chosen Alfa Romeo retailer in order that they can carry out the necessary rectification a the earliest opportunity"

I guess it is not a routine update.. never seen "urgently" used alongside entertainment system issues before.... :)

· Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
10,730 Posts
But what if you urgently NEED to here that Barry Manilow track.....just as your ICE fails? .....it suddenly gets a bit more serious then!!

· Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Soo.. i still have not had my recall completed for the amplifier.. I forgot to mention it at the service and TBH not that bothered, however since my service they then rang me and asked me to arrange to have the car taken in for 3 recalls, 1 of which seemed urgent.

The amplifier.......
Body computer
Fuel line

Anyone know anything about the last 2... it is in in a couple of weeks so will update after then...

· Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, while i thought the above was the last campaign for recall on the Stelvio I am wrong.

I received a new campaign recall today ref 6439 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Adaptive Front Light System (ALFS) sensor neds re-calibrating as not compliant with an ECE Regulation.

One for the list during next weeks visit. glad it arrived before the visit and glad they are doing them !!

· Registered
1,431 Posts
I have a 2020 Veloce and haven’t had any recall notices.
Don't fret, I have the exact same car as you and I've had no notices either.
The dealer did 'update' the infotainment system at its two year service last month, such an important update that I have no idea what has been done.

Reactions: Muz

· Registered
2,401 Posts
Don't fret, I have the exact same car as you and I've had no notices either.
The dealer did 'update' the infotainment system at its two year service last month, such an important update that I have no idea what has been done.
My Alfa approved but non dealer garage won’t do infotainment updates unless there is a problem as Alfa charge them apparently. Not that I care as I hardly use/change anything except Apple CarPlay, Imperial to metric when abroad and oil level and tyre pressure info.

· Registered
Stelvio Veloce
2,459 Posts
I've a 2021 Veloce and it had the fuel pipe earlier in the year but nothing else. The people that mention the amplifier, I notice DAB radio broadcasts seem to change tone spuriously, they seem to have increased treble and less bass, is that anything to do with the update, bluetooth and carplay audio has not thrown up anything similar though?

· Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had all the recalls done end of last week at Reed.

Stereo
Body computer
Fuel line
ALFS

Good experience at Reeds.. and plenty of eye candy on the car park.. Red Stelvio QV, Comp red Stelvio Veloce, Green QV Giulia.. nice red QV Giulietta and a Tonale in blue.. managed to stay away from the sales team at the Alfa side :)

· Registered
Stelvio Veloce
2,459 Posts
I don't think it was a recall as such but an update, the satnav now has a better version of Tom Tom traffic and theres some some other bits that have changed, I think the over the air stuff has been updated, I will check tomorrow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts