Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you an alfa lover like me? or are you being to hate the car, like me. I haven't decided how I feel at the moment. I do know that when it is running how it should. I love it to bits ( i still like the look of them ) that has not changed!

Here is my problem. I have 2 litre 147, drive's nice, but this morning, ( 17th feb 2007 ) on my way to work, the dash board highlighted that I have VDC system failure and ABS failure!!!! I would not mind, but the cambelt went last april, when I was on my way to Bath! needed a whole new engine1 ( good thing I had warrenty on it, but it took a long time to repair, leaving me without a car )
Anyway back to today. I got safetly into work, but i'm just confussed, and fed up. oh yeah i have a constant airbag warning light on the dashboard!!

What should I do, any suggestions? Get rid of the car, or stay loyal to alfa. ( the 82,000 mile service is due in 2,000 miles )

Depressed alfa lover!!!

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Hey there, and welcome to AO!

I don't know much about the 147's, and I'm sure some of the guys will be along in a minute to help you out!

I would say the airbag warning light could just be a slightly dicky connection under one of the seats - that was all it was on my 156.

I'd hold onto your 147 till the service at least, get her through that - I'm sure it wouldn't be too much to get the problem assessed/sorted.

Stay faithful!! :D

Simon

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I'm well down the 'Diagnostics on Air' ladder, but it sounds as if you need a diagnostic guru to 'plug her into' examiner, or suchlike. However, as there are some pretty clued up chappies here, David C and co. they may offer more constructive advice than I am able to.Hope you get her sorted soon for peace of mind's sake.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Hold on in there.

Have you tried searching the forum for suggestions from similarly titled threads? Other people will surely have asked about this type of thing before.
Examples I found include;
Linky1
Linky2
Linky3

They may or may not be appropriate but might give you some ideas!

Hopefully one of the Gurus will be along soon too!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Pro Buster, thanks for turning up those previous links. Good stuff, interesting that quite a bit centres around that Battery Condition, in some of the replies. Appreciated by myself, hope it helps others, thanks again for taking the time and trouble.zf

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Chin up Alfa Queen, get it sorted and all will be good once again. :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Alfa Queen:)
If you decide to sell, you can Always Look For Another ;) :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 147, 6 years old. Airbag light came on first, was a connector in the boot.
Car is now for sale - as soon as I can get the VDC & ABS lights to stop coming on. Dealer had a look with the diagnostic tool and tells me it is a connection in the instrument cluster. Not sure how much to fix though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Funnily enough, poked and prodded the cables under the dash. @ weeks now and all is good.
Picked up my new VW GTI on Thursday. Don't think I'll be back in an Alfa until the 159 proves itself reliable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts