Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help, i dont know if the 2 are linked but i cant start my car and the the vdc light and the code light are on not had any real probs with car b4 and had it about a year its a 156 jtd 2003

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had the same problem , turned out to be faulty injector relay in the front of the engine bay - give it awaggle a see if it starts.

Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm gave it a wiggle made no difference. im at work now but if its not dark when i get back ill pull it out and see if it needs cleaning, any other ideas welcome.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Immobiliser aerial problem. You will find lots of info on here with a search and it's common on the 156.

Or call Laurence as he has kindly offered to help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hiya,
didnt get home till late and back at work now hopefully i can get away from work early tonight as i need to get on top of this , car shareing with the hubby isnt working and he needs to go to nottingham in a couple of weeks ,

Laurence : thanks for the offer i will phone you when i get a chance, im thinking of phoning the local alfa dealers and seeing if they can supply me with the key code so if nothing else i can get it to the local garage.

Hmm phoned up local garage they want £42 which is well nutz.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok hubby got weekend off , so he decided to take car apart he took off the cover to have a look at the immobiliser ariel and aparently that fixed it :confused:, anyway hes insisting its all ok now but i take it the problem could come back as he didnt actually do anything?

if it does go again can i assume that its the ariel and it needs replacing? if so at least then it can go to the garage and they will know what to do instead of it sitting outside the house forever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts