Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO TO EVERYONE. I BOUGHT A NEW GIULLIETTA 4 YEARS AGO. MY GUARANTEE WAS ENDED LAST SUMMER.THIS SUMMER I HAVE CHANGED MY BATTERY. AFTER THAT I HAD. MANY TIMES ON THE SCREEN THE NEXT SIGNS : vdc,steer corrector, hill holder: unavailable. ON 1st of SEPTEMBER I HAVE DONE THE ANNUAL SERVICE AND I HAVE TOLD THIS TO THE SENIOR GUY BUT NO ONE HAVE CHECKED THIS. AFTER THE SERVICE THE SIGNS WERE MORE OFTEN AND ON THE 1st of december MY CAR BROKE DOWN. I WENT AGAIN FOR SERVICE BUT THEY DON't KNOW WHAT IS THE EXACT PROBLEM. THEY SAID THAT FIRST THEY WILL CHANGE THE STEERING WHEEL WIRING . IF THE PROBLEM CONTINUES THEY WILL CHANGE THE STEERING WHEEL( price about 1000€) . I HAVE TO PAID BY MYSELF BECAUSE THEY SAID THAT MY GUARANTEE WAS ENDEED . BUT I M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS. THE PROBLEM HAS TO DO WITH THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE CAR SO THE FAULT IS OF THE COMPANY. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR WHAT TO DO??? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSE!

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Did you get a suitable battery? It has to be an " extra flooded", or even better, an AGM. I had all of those indications when I had a standby battery in my G whilst I put the regular battery on charge so as not to lose any codes etc. The standby battery was only a standard duty one.

Did you know posts in UPPER CASE indicate shouting?

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Also of importance: AGM batteries put out about half a volt more than standard batteries, so only AGM is acceptable for use.
True, that's partly down to an even lower internal resistance than other lead-acid batteries. A Google search of Battery University gives the other advantages of AGM batteries. The AGM that I put in my BMW R100s is so much better than the succession, over the 35 years I have owned it, than ordinary batteries. We have an AGM, of rather small size considering it has to turn over a 6 litre engine, in the aircraft and it has lasted a long time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brand of the new battery is Exide. I can't remember the exact model but the specs were met/exceeded when compared with the old/stock one. The thing is that the new battery is 'Gel' type, not AGM.
Do you think that this is what we should check first?

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts