Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa 147 GTA
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had vdc failure warning for a while. I took car in for wheel alignment today. All four were out by a long way which messes with all sorts of stuff including vdc. I didn’t know rears had concentric adjusters either. Guy told me drive it for 10 miles ignition off and on and it should clear. Apparently very sensitive to wheel alignment. Will post tomorrow if he’s right!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to advise that all ALFA ROMEO cars have a procedure after installing new components and also performing adjustments, like wheel alignment etc.

You must RESET your ECU and here is the procedure:

1. DISCONNECT your Negative Battery terminal for a minimum of 45 minutes
2. Then RE-CONNECT the Battery terminal
3. Then put your KEY into the ignition TURN the key to MAR whilst seated in the car with all doors SHUT you must not start the engine. KEEP the KEY in the MAR position for 3 minutes.
4. DO NOT remove the KEY but TURN it to the OFF position and leave it for another 3 minutes
5. Then START your engine and allow the car to idle for 15 minutes...whilst the car is idling DO NOT touch any foot pedals or any instruments suchas electric windows etc. Coz this enables every single component in your ALFA to reset! ...Even if some components are NOT behaving correctly ...it'll reset those components and the car will run but make certain you replace the components that need replacing.
6.Then TURN the key to the OFF position but DO NOT remove the KEY from ignition. Let it stay OFF for 10 more minutes...
7. Now START your engine and take it for a drive....now Bob will be your Uncle!

PEACE ✌

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Sorry, but having a wheel alignment has nothing to do with the procedure you described and is not necessary.

The procedure is know as a ECU/Throttle reset and is well know on this forum. While it will reset some of the ECU's in your car to a degree, it WON'T for example reset the adaptive parameters in the Engine ECU, to do that you need Alfa specific diagnostic software.

Keep on reading, keep on learning, you'll find the people on here very helpful and willing, hope you're loving your Alfa experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.