Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the 159 today and as soon as I put the key in, I got a 'VDC unavailable' message.

Hoping to narrow down where the problem might be, I checked and the car isn't giving me any fault codes at all.

I'm not getting any of the other fault warnings (asr, hillholder, fuel gauge etc) that other people have reported happening at the same time as the VDC warning.

Could anyone that has had a similar problem point me in the right direction as to the cause?

Thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi I had the same problem a few months ago , there is a micro switch behind the brake pedal , had it adjusted and fault went for a day then came back , so switch was replaced and its been fine since .

Hope this helps .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I had the same problem a few months ago , there is a micro switch behind the brake pedal , had it adjusted and fault went for a day then came back , so switch was replaced and its been fine since .

Hope this helps .
That's great.:thumbs: Thanks very much for that. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what I can see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got in the 159 today and as soon as I put the key in, I got a 'VDC unavailable' message.

Hoping to narrow down where the problem might be, I checked and the car isn't giving me any fault codes at all.

I'm not getting any of the other fault warnings (asr, hillholder, fuel gauge etc) that other people have reported happening at the same time as the VDC warning.

Could anyone that has had a similar problem point me in the right direction as to the cause?

Thanks, Chris.
Hi Chris,

Had the same message some weeks back. Replaced the steering angle sensor and it seemed to work.

Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strange! Got in the car this morning and no warning! None all day. Hope it stays away. Very Alfa I suppose!

Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts