Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2l TS 156 has started making creaky and clunky noises on the potholey surface of London roads. Offside front wheel only. Any ideas?

Secondly, I have used touch up paint on the rear skirt of the car and it has left rather obvious lines where I have tried to cover up the scratches made by someone with a lower bumper catching my under bumper when pulling out of the space behind. I think I need to rub it down and use that as a base filler and spray over it. Where can I buy a can of spray paint? It took forever to get my Touch-up Pencil from Alfa Main Dealer and cost a fair whack! The T-u P has two numbers on it :DIS.N. 5900662 and 612/A. I would guess that 612/A might be the colour code.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Check the upper and lower wishbone bushes for play....

Check the arti roll bar bushes.....

Check the droplink......

creaking is usually from rubber bushes..... which will clatter as you go over pot holes.

Think yourself lucky. Next week I am doing all wishbones, droplinks, shockers and springs....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE the paint, I have ordered the paint touch up kit from Car Paint repair for £11.97 uncl 1st class post. Seems reasonable, doesn't it?

Have found Front Susp arm RH Upper for £29.75 +VAT and Ditto Lower for £67.35 +VAT. Is that reasomnable. Will see what Sparky says.

·
Registered
498 Posts
On mine, the creaking- really noisy! -turned out to be the top wishbones (£42 each).
It was still crashy though over our wonderful road surfaces and I ultimately replaced the anti-roll bar (£58) and the drop links (£32 the pair). Runs very smooth now.
Don't forget to get the tracking done though or you will cut your tyres out in no time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, the paint arrived in the form of two small plastic bottles, not quite what I imagined though. Arrived three days after ordered though so good service. Jug, you said Halfords can mix up a can for £10. Not a spray though is it?

I have put the problem of creaky clattery front driver's wheel to my trusted, but sadly soon to be closed, Independant garage. Have also dropped in a price list from the Alternative Autos Parts people in Huddersfield to see whether they are cheaper than wherever he wouold get the parts from. This is the only sensible way to find out whence cometh the noise! Will see how it pans out. Sadly, time and space preclude taking up Sparky's offer, but Lyneham is just too far at this time of year as it is Mil Ceremonial month (in spades!) (doubled!!) and I must have the car safe before I drive it to the Borders in late June!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts