Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across someone selling some genuine Fiat and Alfa Variator repair Kits, i never knew they existed given that the average cost of a variator is £85 and a repair kit is £20 is it worth it in labour times, unless you have a load of old variators in a box somewhere !! i mentione this in the noisy variator thread in the TS forum! but thought is was worth mentioneing to all in the FTV Forum too. details below!

Part number: 0071715450

Included in the kit are spring and plastic washer.

All dealers use this kit for repair noisy variators so You don't need to spend money for a new variator.

:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
:cheese:£20.00?????? they are under £5.00 and No they are not used very often as they will only work on a variator that "just started "rattling.
They were prodused by Alfa to resolve the problem with the very first generation of variators that did not have the washer inside and rattled from very early on,from just a few thousand miles from new(I had a 1997-146 TS that rattled when it had only done 8000 miles!!!).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My mistake they are £29.00 each, here is the item number they are on e-bay 170433119001. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Good morning alfatuner, this is not related to the thread but i am attempting to improve the performance of my 1998 GTV TS, about to fit a de-cat (already got stainless cat back), do you recomend any of the aftermarket induction systems? will need a re-map,please could you give me a ball park figure£ for the re map and what sort of bhp/torque improvements have you seen re the above? (dynoed at 153bhp 2 weeks ago standard apart from stainless cat back).

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
You haven't read my post properly,they cost under £5.00
The ebay seller is ripping buyers off,at the tune of over £25.00 on each one he sells!!!!!:rant:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did read you post but i corrected myself in the price which makes them even more of a rip off!!!! Get it !! E-bay can be good for some things but if you don't know your prices you can pay too much which is just the case here!!:rant:

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
I did read you post but i corrected myself in the price which makes them even more of a rip off!!!! Get it !! E-bay can be good for some things but if you don't know your prices you can pay too much which is just the case here!!:rant:
not often i agree with anthea BUT
he's bang on on this one.

my old eper says 2.56 GBP including taxes product orderable.
its a RELIEF KIT

the real question is where did he get them?

Brand new old stock.
BUT the main this is he's already selt 2:cheese:

PS Anthea i wisnae stalking you jist saw variator in new items and had a butchers.
I know absolutely nothing about varators haveing 2 V6's but always curious about things I dont know.

Pomeo

·
Registered
871 Posts
Good morning alfatuner, this is not related to the thread but i am attempting to improve the performance of my 1998 GTV TS, about to fit a de-cat (already got stainless cat back), do you recomend any of the aftermarket induction systems? will need a re-map,please could you give me a ball park figure£ for the re map and what sort of bhp/torque improvements have you seen re the above? (dynoed at 153bhp 2 weeks ago standard apart from stainless cat back).
msgtv there is a bolt in decat on eBay,

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Aha! ICB, i see you have sensed the opportunity to cause me to spend more of my hard earned cash, again!!!!!, this time though your cunning plan has failed :),............ i bought one 2 days ago waiting for it to arrive , is the one you saw Cybox (Peco)?.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts