Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is there a sudden explosion in the number of vans on the road? On my morning commute, it seems like every other vehicle is now a van (usually white, of course). This seems to be arecent phenomenon, so what's going on?

They're always either being driven in traditional white van man stylee - at Mach2, tailgating etc - by young blokes with no hair (Transits, Astravans), or at 40mph on all roads by crusty old blokes (Peugeots, Renaults, Fiats).

They're all a bloody menace anyway!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
thatll be the internet then. ebay, amazon, ebuyer, etc etc etc etc, they all need vans to deliver their goods, time they were banned from lane 3 of the motorway though. sodding manace in lots of traffic, you cant see round them.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
My mum has one as a run about, kitted out with 4 cages for our dogs. It is white too :p

The drivers are not that bad, just steer clear of the company owned ones.

O

·
0 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I was following one last year, when the fat b**tard driver suddenly spotted a burger van and slammed his anchors on and I ran into the back of him :mad:
Ooh, bad luck :(

Gotta be said though, you were too close! :tut:

(says he who has done the same into the back of a 4x4 :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
time they were banned from lane 3 of the motorway though. sodding manace in lots of traffic, you cant see round them.
You can bu66er off !!! I've got a Merc Vito (150 BHP) :D Just as quick as most things on the motorway.

E

·
0 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I was following one last year, when the fat b**tard driver suddenly spotted a burger van and slammed his anchors :mad:
Stereotyping is such a bad thing - especially when it's so accurate. :lol:

thatll be the internet then. ebay, amazon, ebuyer, etc etc etc etc, they all need vans to deliver their goods, time they were banned from lane 3 of the motorway though. sodding manace in lots of traffic, you cant see round them.
I guess so, probably explains it.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I couldn't agree more. I was following one last year, when the fat b**tard driver suddenly spotted a burger van and slammed his anchors on and I ran into the back of him :mad:
I indicated !!!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Expect lots more vans from now on in the Low Emissions Zones. A lot of hauliers will be switching their loads from big lorrys to white vans before they hit the zones to avoid the charges.

Ken's done a really good job here, these zones are going to increase congestion as the load on one lorry will need a few vans to take, putting more vehicles on London's roads.

Ken's a *****.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts