Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Van Drivers

789 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Alfa Moo 
#1 ·
I thought that the 'bad van driver' thing was dead and buried, cleaned up their act, they complained about being complained about and all that - alas no.

In a 15 minute journey to get fuel:
1) VW Transporter LWB pulls out in front of me on roundabout, I avoid/pass him by turning even tighter and using the other lane - good job car in that lane slows. I pull in to the petrol station and he beeps constantly at me as he passes - loser.
2) Minutes later, coming down a hill, narrow road, Peugeot Patner/Citroen Berlingo motor factor delivery idiot comes barging through, not even a thank you (round here we say thank you even to the person that you let through)! - He gets the dual tone horn and single tone finger wave!
3) Coming into the edge of the village I live in, courier driver in VW Crafter stops, in the road, next to a bus that is already parked ON A BLIND BEND, he puts it in reverse and puts hazards on, but stops! He gets angry (temper temper!) reverses then slams into first, wheel spins into space behind bus, leans out of window and mouths off - he gets a short hoot followed by a dual tone hand/arm gestures of disbelief.

And all I was doing was driving round very sedately.

I also own/drive a van, a VW as it happens, so know the issues involved, but really, their attitude I do not need! - Get a life

See less See more
#3 ·
I also drive a van and could give you a list as long as my arm of 'bad car drivers'
but the truth is these morons would drive badly if you put them on a 20p Noddy ride in the lobby of a supermarket.

Mind you the MX-3 driver who ignored/avoided the 2 banksman helping me manoeuvre a 20m SP Boom down a narrow public road in the town centre, in order to drive under the basket of the machine (while I'm moving) and into a parking space was....'special'....and I wasted no time telling him so.:rant:

#10 ·
I also drive a van and could give you a list as long as my arm of 'bad car drivers'
:
Perfect example of bad CAR driver today :rant: Was heading back from picking the kids up from school (3pm), weather was awful, dark and raining hard (most ppl had their lights on) I'm following a nice steady flow of traffic when I see a Scenic not in a side road or on the main road but right on the corner on my side who went to pull out right in front of me which made me IDICATE (something he wasn't doing :mad:) and go round him. He pulled out behind me and drove with his full beams on just for me - wa**er :D If he'd been a bit patient and sat there indicating to pull off/out then I would of seen it a possibly let him go. :rant:
My little rant over...... :eek:

G
#5 ·
It's nice to have a go at van drivers, isn't it? Badly cut up by some muppet the other day on the M3 immediately prior to another car skidding into the central reservation right next to him.

But Maxxb12, macaluca have it right here. Take braddersgt's advice, then live up to your screen name and have a laugh about it.

#6 ·
But Maxxb12, macaluca have it right here. Take braddersgt's advice, then live up to your screen name and have a laugh about it.
Quite correct, thats why its good to vent in the rant section, get it out of the way etc...

As I say, I also drive a van which I own and I do experience the side of 'oh its a van, cut him up/do some silly move in front...' I recently had a person have a go at me about parking the van in a space in a supermarket - she gave me mega verbals about taking too long to park - she even said "you where parking like a woman"!!! Never mind the fragile load I had on board.

I think part of the problem is the tight timescales that life (or bosses running businesses to ever decreasing margins) places on the drivers of delivery vehicles - it makes it stressful then incidents make it even more stressful and tense for the drivers. That's what other van drivers that I know have told me in the past anyway.

Now for that snooze...

G
#7 ·
I think part of the problem is the tight timescales that life (or bosses running businesses to ever decreasing margins) places on the drivers of delivery vehicles - it makes it stressful then incidents make it even more stressful and tense for the drivers.
But I've never understood that attitude. Whenever a boss has ased me to do a job and said 'I want it by [insert ridiculously short time period here]' I've always replied with 'It'll be done when it's done, not before'

If a job takes 3 hours, i'm not going to risk my neck or get myself stressed to the point of anger because some eedjit wants it in 2 and a half.

#8 ·
I've always replied with 'It'll be done when it's done, not before'
If a job takes 3 hours, i'm not going to risk my neck or get myself stressed to the point of anger because some eedjit wants it in 2 and a half.
I thought you were governed by a timetable?:confused:
"When does this train get to Bristol Temple Meads driver?"

"We'll be there when I get there and not before, now git on the train and shuttit."

G
#9 ·
I run to a timetable, and as long as everything runs clear, I'll get there on time.

If i get stopped at a red signal for out of course working or delay, then I'll be late.

Simple.

No chasing around or getting stressed involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.