Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question really. How do you remove them? Looking at the new ones it looks as though they just push on, however I have tugged one with a pair of mole grips and nothing doing. Do I just need to be more brutal or is there a knack?? All I have succeeded in doing is destroying the rubber bit . . . :confused:

K

·
0 Posts
yes they are just pressed on, you need to be firm with them. be careful not to damage the inside of the valve guide with pliers or anything pulling them up.
i just lever them off with a couple of old screwdrivers, once they move a little bit they just pop off :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
yes they are just pressed on, you need to be firm with them. be careful not to damage the inside of the valve guide with pliers or anything pulling them up.
i just lever them off with a couple of old screwdrivers, once they move a little bit they just pop off :thumbs:
Thats how I removed mine:thumbs: Just went around the base of the seal with a screwdriver until it was free enough to pull off.

The new ones were quite tight to fit so I placed a socket (10mm?) over the top and gently tapped them with a hammer into place:thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts