Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the valve cover, just to check on the variator and see if it is hard to replace (the engine is making that diesel sound when it starts). Should I remove the valve cover? I mean, is removing the valve cover too complicated? Will I need a new gasket, considering that the one installed now is less than one year old?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Wrinx,
thank you sooooo much. I definitely will not dare to do this job. my 1996 155 is 80.000 km old. Timing and balancing belts have been replaced at 50.000 km, but the tensioners for these have never been replaced. do you think it is time to replace these tensioners, considering that the 2 tensioners for accessory drive belt have already broken down? I would be willing to spend the money and orders all these parts, + variator + water pump etc etc, but only if it is really advisable. the engine only once in a while does that diesel sound.

wrinx said:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, tensioners should be replaced with the belts every 36k miles as they are often the cause of belt failure.

Not cheap but worth it ;)

wrinx

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you very much once again. I will get all these parts recomended. I buy them in Italy (AFRA, in Milan). They are good and usually have everything I need and send the parts quickly.

wrinx said:
Yes, tensioners should be replaced with the belts every 36k miles as they are often the cause of belt failure.

Not cheap but worth it ;)

wrinx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts