Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)Guys,

A positive thread on values for the 155?...well sort of.

This past week I've spent running around the SE trying to buy a replacement for my son's MR2 that was written off recently (usual thing...guy behind didn't notice he was in a stationary line of traffic until too late)

anyway....his payout from the insurance co was £1200 (it was an old MR2!) so we have driven over 300 miles, looked at about a dozen cars and bought nothing.

He want's a sporty car...but he likes japanese cars (I can't complain - I drive an Impreza as an everyday car).....All I can say is the piles of junk that we've been invited to purchase...doesn't matter on which brand or model has really opened my eyes.....Rust/Abuse/Damage are just the basic problems...the worrying thing is the mechanical state of cars with fresh MOT's (genuine ones as well)...

So whilst it doesn't make the value of a 155 any greater.....what it does focus the mind on is how much more you have to spend to get anything else half decent and just barely safe....and that's before you start to value the merits of the Alfa brand and characture.

So...anyone considering scrapping their 155 because it's going to cost a few hundred to get through the MOT...take some time to look through Autotrader and co. at what's available for up to £1500.....you might just change your mind and consider keeping the Alfa after all!!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I agree. Never put a good alfa down!:lol:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wow::wow::wow::wow: Why would anyone want to do that ???!!!!
Just read through some of the 'should I - shouldn't I' threads against MOT expenditure on this and the 155 site...it's a natural survival of the fittest thing I guess but still a shame to lose cars that are marginal

One result today...my son's finally seen sense and looks like buying a 156...we see what happens!:wow:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
One result today...my son's finally seen sense and looks like buying a 156...we see what happens!:wow:
Well at least he'll have us lot to help when it. . . . you know!!!!!:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts