Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm thinking about buying a 916 3 litre spider, but am not sure of what I should be paying. Researching on parkers etc gives wildy differing values, and there aren't many up for sale at present to judge what may or may not be a fair price.

I'm looking at probably a 2001/2002 model, it's just for a bit of fun really, I've also got a 1.6 Morgan, and a 2 litre MX-5 (the wife's day car). The Spider was the first choice when I was thinking about the MX-5, but when production ceased we decided on a new Mazda instead of a used Spider (but I've got the itch again!)

My company car is a 147 Ducati Corse (soon to be changed for a Giulietta unfortunately!), and I'm having a bit of difficulty justifying the Spider to the other half (hence the 3 litre; sufficiently different to what I've already got - a 2 litre would be too much like the Mazda to justify - apparently!!!)

I'd be interested in anybody's views

Thanks

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Just tell her to shut up, if that doesnt work give her a slap. Make sure you dont slap her where people will be able to see the bruises though :thumbs:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, as far as valuations online go:

Parker's says for 2002 3 litre 24v on 02 plate with 90000 miles £2305 franchised dealer, £1975 private (good condition)!!!

Desperate seller.co.uk says (for the same details) £3360 dealer, £2965 private

Usedcarexpert.co.uk says between £4450 and £5392

Whatcar says £3190 dealer, £2815 private

So most of these valuations are quite a bit lower than many of the ones that I've seen advertised; are they selling for these higher prices, or are the prices being asked aspirational?

To be honest, £5000 is more than I want to spend for a bit more weekend fun! (I've already got too many cars really, and I'm not intending to get rid of any others - Morgan too much fun, MX-5 too reliable and fuel efficient AND my missus loves it too much!)

The GTV looks great, but I'm of the opinion that you should never buy a tin top when you can get a soft top - just wrap up warm in the winter!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
the gtv looks great, but i'm of the opinion that you should never buy a tin top when you can get a soft top - just wrap up warm in the winter!
+1 :)

V6 Spider has a premium over the prices quoted because they don't really take into account rarity value, there were only around 168 (is that the number?) Sold in the UK, and less than that still on the road

Rich

·
Registered
238 Posts
im going to be selling my v6 spider very shortly as ive just started my own business and i need a diesel hatchback as sharing with the mrs is proving impossible. Its a 2001 51 plate,61000 miles in silver with black hood and red leather interior.
Theres a couple of little things to do on it like the airbag light is on and the hydraulics on the hood need bleeding but its an afternoons work for anyone in the know how. Engine is perfect and doesnt use a drop of oil or water and the hood is 100% water tight.
Im not going to mess about with trying to get silly money im putting it up for £2500 with absolutely no offers, drive away tax and tested.Now thats got to be the cheapest v6 spider in the country....if anyone wants anymore info then please pm me or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
£2,500! That is seriously, seriously cheap. You should be able to sell it £4,000 especially if you clear the stupid air bag fault which will cost you a £20 cable.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i know it is seriously cheap but i dont want to deal with hagglers and scammers i just want it to go to a good home.Failing that il just store it for next year and keep it.its just that i started a new business 3 wks ago and its taking off like i could never have imagined so car sharing is no longer an option.

P

·
0 Posts
I have a v6 spider in silver with red interior, they are by far the best colour combo. Exduke! Bite his arm off for it, I will even clear the error light for you if you drive to Sussex. I have owned an mx5, boxster, mr2 and s2000. I love my spider more than any of them.
:)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have a v6 spider in silver with red interior, they are by far the best colour combo. Exduke! Bite his arm off for it, I will even clear the error light for you if you drive to Sussex. I have owned an mx5, boxster, mr2 and s2000. I love my spider more than any of them.
:)
Yes fabulous price, go for it !!!!

Pity about the colour though ;) I would prefer 2 Zoe yellow spiders like Jilly, but stuck with one being a boring silver !!!!

Rich

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well ive just sold the alfa and have to say im gutted but its going to a local guy who i think will give it a good home.Thanks for all the advice from everybody on here im sure il be back at some stage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't get your email about the car due to a mailbox **** up! I'm sorry that the car has gone, but I'm sure that something else will come up.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts