Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to the forum and are in the process of looking for a good Guilia GT 1600 Junior or 1750 GTV. I am currently in South Africa for this week and have viewed a couple cars, a junior and a 1750 GTV.

I am really interested in trying to ascertain the approximate value of a rust free Mk2 1970 1750. The car has been resprayed but as far as I can tell has not rust and has never been restored. So no new metal or panels on the body. The car runs, The brakes need work as they slowly start to seize up over a 5 mile run. The engine sounds poor, quite a lot of clatter and knocks so I assume a rebuild is in order. The interior is pretty good but non standard console (stiched vinyl and padded). No dents at all on the body and britework in very good condition. It is the condition of the body that attracted my attention. Feeling all around the lower section of the entire body there is no evidence of rust. Wheel well is fine, only a little surface rust discolouration. Gearbox seems ok with normal stickiness in second. windows all good. headlining original, discoloured but no holes/tears.

Car has MoMo alloys and monagramed steering wheel in good condition.

If a car is in this condition and is imported to the UK, the big question is how desirable is it and what sort of value could it have? Any comments would be most welcome.

I know this is a vague question but I have no feeling for the value of a 1750 which is rust free and could be considered as a light restoration.

Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.
Should post this info and questions on the Classic Alfas lounge. Some beautiful 1750's there and many experts wich will surely help.
Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts