Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, a bit of a grey area here.. I am looking to downgrade my car so my other half can learn on something cheap to insure :( (it must be love!)

How much do you think I should be looking for in px on my Alfa?

Its a Q2 cloverleaf (1.9 JTDm 170bhp) in black. It has had the cambelt/water pump changed, and also the oil cooler has been replaced (which are two of the bigger jobs to pay for). It also has 4 new decent branded tyres on it.

It's on about 75k miles. It has been solid and realiable, although there is a scuff to the front bumper and the wheels are a bit curbed... a show car it is not!

I've change the head unit for a double din pioneer touchscreen one but have the original one and drawer which can go with it.
I have also swapped the washer jets for the Mito ones.

Any thoughts? Would I be much better off selling it privately?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
None of those positives will cut any ice with a dealer, you'll get book trade-in price minus any obvious defects...if the dealer can bothered to take a look at it.

Good luck

Pub

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cant you go down the local auction and get something really crap for her to learn in and keep the Alfa, then you have a backup car if you need to do work on the Alfa? It may work out cheaper in the end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input guys... A second car isn't feasible as I live in the city centre with one parking space.. I'd have to pay for another space at ~150 quid per month which even the best man maths can't get around.

Looking at a panda 100hp as the downgrade.. good reviews on the driving but they are horrendous to look at!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Thanks for your input guys... A second car isn't feasible as I live in the city centre with one parking space.. I'd have to pay for another space at ~150 quid per month which even the best man maths can't get around.

Looking at a panda 100hp as the downgrade.. good reviews on the driving but they are horrendous to look at!
Panda 100hps look quite a lot of fun to drive though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Unless there's something glaringly wrong that a dealer is willing to take on, I'd avoid part ex at all costs. I imagine you'd be offered around £5k or lower at part ex, whereas selling privately could be £6-6.5k.

If you can afford to either be without a car for a few weeks or have two until the Alfa sells it's worth going private.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts