Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi going to buy a valeo clutch kit for gt are thes recommended ie good quality,trouble free fitting or should i buy genuine alfa romeo

·
Registered
37,739 Posts
Agreed valeo are one of the OE suppliers.

You may find that some other clutch kits (LUK etc) are actually Valeo clutches in the respective boxes.

I bought a LUK clutch kit for my Fiat Coupe for £115, it turned out to be a Valeo item in an LUK box...

The Valeo clutch in a Valeo box was £160

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
There is a guy from poland, alfapartsonline on ebay doing a good deal on valeo clutches.If yours is a pull type clutch then id buy valeo or high quality and if its a pull type clutch and your doing it yourself remember to take the clutch lever arm off or the box wont come off! been there done that.Re symons comments id feel lucky if id bought an luk clutch and found a valeo unit inside its only my opinion but i steer clear of luk.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my fitter reccomended an luk one there is a 15% voucher on euro carparts gearbox is getting replaced as the bit that ataches to clutch lever snapped and cracked the gear box

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Im not quite sure what you mean but im of the opinion luk clutches are great if you want the cheapest clutch cos you are selling the car.Incidently if someone tried taking the box of without firstly removing the external clutch lever arm on a pull type clutch it could potentially cause internal damage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Original clutch

Both Valeo and LUK are original clutch suppliers so both top quality and they intertrade so you will often find Valeo in LUK box and viceversa. Alfa does not make clutches. Valeo used to own a large part of LUK but they broke up a few years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts