Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most men will be aware it is approaching the time where we need to make an an extra special effort but why is it us that does all the faffing? I'll be sorting stuff out, I'll be paying for everything but why?:confused: My other half doesn't do anything for me on valentines.... Not that I'm expecting her too but why isn't she running round when man is expected to :think: Just a thought

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
As most men will be aware it is approaching the time where we need to make an an extra special effort but why is it us that does all the faffing? I'll be sorting stuff out, I'll be paying for everything but why?:confused: My other half doesn't do anything for me on valentines.... Not that I'm expecting her too but why isn't she running round when man is expected to :think: Just a thought
A good question, especially in these days of equality. However in my experience some women do in fact do quite a bit on Valentines Day. Not all, but some. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good question, especially in these days of equality. However in my experience some women do in fact do quite a bit on Valentines Day. Not all, but some. :thumbs:
Agreed some do but I've never been with them :lol:

Good point, well made!!
Ta K. Will you be doing something spesh for mrs K?

i suspect it's because they put up with us all year - i think it's good value.
Yes but I put up with her all year round too and I don't get a day in my honour :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I know about Steak and BJ day but it isn't a real recognised day and I am currently owed 3 years on that on :mad: You'd think a man could get two things on the same day rather than one or the other :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
997 Posts
Usually I take the day off and arrange to do something nice, anything apart from going out to eat :) .This year my girlfriend is abroad and has to work so I doubt we will do much .

Anyway she will be getting a romantic treat later on this year ;)

·
Registered
17,564 Posts

Well, I make it VERY special for Mr DD (won't give TMI).

We don't usually go out....I cook a delicious 3 course meal (fillet steak for the main) and I wear something nice. I'll buy him some aftershave/chocs.

I get spoilt also with presents...I expect it! ;)

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,610 Posts
In Japan, the Japanese celebrate St Valentine's day a little differently.

Women give gifts (usually Chocolate) to their men.
In fact there are 3 categories of chocolate gift.
1 giri choco (obligatory chocolate)
2 honmei choco (chocolate for the man the woman is serious about)
3 tomo choco (chocolate for the woman's female friends)

In 1980, to balance things out, the Japanese introduced 'White Day' on the 14th March.
This is an opportunity for men who received chocolate on St Valentine's day to buy the sender a (more expensive) gift of chocolate in return. :rolleyes:

So, several years back when I was dating a young Japanese lady, she proclaimed that we'd be in the UK for St Valentines day so should celebrate it in UK style (ie, I buy her a gift) and we'd be in Japan for 'White Day' so we should celebrate that one in Japanese style. (ie, I buy her a gift).
So, double whammy for me that year. :rant:
Needless to say, the relationship didn't last long enough for me to get stung like that again. ;)

Anyway, I believe that the Japanese had 14th March marked before S&BJ day came along.

G

·
0 Posts
I seriously thought valentines was just for school kids only until a bloke told me recently what he had bought for his girlfriend!!! Ha ha I am hoping my missus hasn't been expecting anything for the last 10 years!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts