Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
If I'm honest the Spider has been running off for a while, it started when I had the belts done at WAD in Wolverhampton.They rang me to ask whether it had been 'hunting ' on tick-over before and that the MAF may be suspect. This prompted me to purchase a non-Bosch MAF from shop for parts for around £40 with a twelve month guarantee.Initially this seemed to do the trick and the car had a new lease of life.We seem to have regressed again and the tick-over is erratic and it just scraped the MOT on emissions. I've retained the original Bosch MAF but was contemplating looking at the diagnostic software to see whether this could point me in the right direction? Firstly is a VAG lead correct for this software and am I a bit out of my depth attempting to go this route, is the freebie software sufficient? My IT skills are pretty basic.....Jake Copestake has given me some advice re; this but I would like to know other people's experiences with this software application.......sorry for the lengthy thread!

Swiss.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
VAGCOM KKL cable from eBay plus a free copy of FiatEcuScan and you are away. It couldnt be easier. Plus you will have the advantage of being able to reset the airbag light yourself.

I think the seller I bought from was something like 'cable dan' - it definitely had Dan in the name anyway.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
had it been hunting b4 wad ?

always a good idea to fit bosch maf imo

if you changed maf n it ran ok then suggests maf iffy but how many miles covered with new maf ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was hard for me to say! It's a week-end car and I would crack it up every week and give it a run....it was a bit lumpy sometimes but this would clear. I've probably only done 2-300 miles on the new MAF and it made a real difference to begin with. My only observation is that the car always starts with minimum turns of ignition even after being stood......I'm slightly miffed or should that be 'maffed!'.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts