Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last nite i was at the trax( street racing thing in bham) and a black 166 with zender bodykit,it was lowerd and had tinted windows and the 17inch alfa alloys.it also had 2 twin pipes like the 2.5 and 3.0 have, but it had a deeper engine note then 2.5 and when it raced a subaru legacy turbo, the 166 ate it. the subaru couldnt even keep up! so thats why i was asking ifd the 166 ever came in v8? because the sub legacy are twin turbos

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Never heard of a V8 166 ............but anything is possible, there is a V8 Alfa Sud on here :wow:

The V6 can sound pretty deep if its running a cone type filter and big free flowing exhaust, must have some pretty impressive power to beat off a twin turbo though

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
what about a tuned turbo v6, wouldnt take much tuning for one of them too munch a legacy, and there quite throaty too:D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
but.. the legacy is twin turbo and four wheel drive, i think they push 280bhp
remember the 3.2 is 250 standard, so a little tweaking here and there:thumbs:

and auto delta work wonders to about 450bhp if you have the money:D

and the 2.0 turbo is 205, up the boost and away you go. the legacy is quite a heavy car, not all turbo legacy's were twin turbos either;)

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
but.. the legacy is twin turbo and four wheel drive, i think they push 280bhp
:)
Bet you wish for werny breaking her noo and jist shoehorned a big V8 or V12 in her and get doon that track.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
a legacy is not twin turbo, single turbo only, puts out about 240 BHP

there is also a normally asperated version with a lowly 170bhp, having driven one of these i can testify they are really slow and the 4WD really saps the power

There was a 6 cylinder version but that only has 245BHP.....

The 4WD system really would sap the system, considering a standard 3.0 does about 220 and doesn't have transmission losses like the subaru to contend with it could have been a close race

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jay there is a twin turbo legacy its the b4 rsk,u must have been driving a diesel legacy..and they put out more then 240bhp..

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
the 93-99 and the one before the latest had the 2.0 twin out of the impreza, a 2.5 single, and a 2.5 n/a, and others i cant remember;)

the point is, if it was a single turbo, or the n/a, a 166 v6 of any kind would kill it:D

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..a manual legacy B4 is 280hp off the boat from japan (auto is 260), but that's on 100 octane petrol. Plenty will be tuned in some way as well, because it's best to get them remapped as they were set up for the 100 octane fuel and get damaged running on the lower grade stuff. And I think a manual RSK is 300hp as standard..?

legacys don't get off the line to well, but neither does the 166. so yeah, that would have been a quick 166...!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
..a manual legacy B4 is 280hp off the boat from japan (auto is 260), but that's on 100 octane petrol. Plenty will be tuned in some way as well, because it's best to get them remapped as they were set up for the 100 octane fuel and get damaged running on the lower grade stuff. And I think a manual RSK is 300hp as standard..?

legacys don't get off the line to well, but neither does the 166. so yeah, that would have been a quick 166...!
unless it was the older 2.5 turbo or one of the new n/a 3.0, or even an n/a boxer, maybe even a lower spec 2.0 turbo at about 240, or a new 2.0 n/a but we dont know what model or spec the legacy was? the fact the 166 beat it would lead me to believe is wasnt one of the twin turbo engined cars;)

and the 166 could be anything from 190bhp to 250bhp? we need facts:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts