Alfa Romeo Forum banner

V6 & TS for sale :(

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Alfa_Wurzel 
#1 · (Edited)
Sigh....

I'm going to have to let the V6 and the Twinspark go...... I guess there is a reason guys with young families don't have a collection of Alfa's.... not very happy, in fact f*cking gutted would be closer

GTV V6 Lusso
P2 - no aero 5 Speed
Sargassi Green / Biscuit Leather (lovely combo)
17" Teledials
Maintained by Duncan at Alfanet for the last 18 months
Had new clutch, flywheel, belts, custom stainless exhaust flexi's, and loads of other bits done in the last 18 months
Very nice and still really stock
Goodyear F1's....with 2 new ones on in the last 2 months
Tidy with very nice and well executed detailing that would be a ideal candidate for getting to show quality
All the keys etc
Subtle private plate

BAD POINTS - all very minor
Disconnected the MAF - have replaced it once with a second hand unit that lasted a year before it went again, these are currently expensive from Alfa, so the OCD part of me tolerates the injector light being on....

Immobiliser aerial is on the way out - £30 to replace, but just not got round to it as it's fine 95% of the time and rarely causes any issue, when it does I just sit in the car for 60 seconds and its fine.... ( I did however stall at some traffic lights and have to sit there for 20-30 seconds feeling a prat!)

GTV TS Lusso
P2 - rear spoiler
Silver / Black leather (very good condition)
16" Wheels
Maintained by Duncan at Alfanet for the last 8 YEARS
Very well looked after with regular and comprehensive servicing
Belts done in the last 12 months
4 good Pirelli tyres
Brand new battery
Bought on recommendation as 'one of the last really good Twinnies' - used and loved as my daily drive
Custom stainless exhaust for a nice growl
Original keys and key wallets and loads of great original dealer items (fobs etc)
some small scuffs and marks on paintwork as befits a daily drive - but very minor

Bad Points - all very minor
Small hole in passenger door card where seatbelt got shut in door - not very obvious
Original Alfa radio LCD screen has crack and doesn't work
Air intake hose is split and has been patched but needs replacing £30?
Scrape to drivers side door (garage wall) not hideous but would benefit from touching up (will get an updated pic)
Boot gas struts are weak

Obvously I'm very sad to be letting these go and aren't going to do the whole ebay thing. If I cant get a sensible and realistic money for them I'm going to keep them.

They are both very good cars looked after properly by a quality Alfa mechanic.

I'm only going to let them go to a fellow Alfa man....

If you are interested drop me a PM and I will get some pics sorted.

D

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry to hear you are having to let go, I've a young family too but have just bought a TS to enjoy as I spend most of my time making journeys solo.

Great price on both, the TS could well join me at that price. We will see what I'm thinking after a good night's sleep

#5 ·
D, I know you're not here for counselling, but (having sold three Spiders and regretted two) I think you really should keep the V6 and sell the TS.

I don't have children (sadly, so I'm making the most of it with a 500 and a Gtv) but I suspect the best approach here is to buy something large and cheap (e.g. Toyota Previa, FIAT Multipla) as the family run-around, not worrying much about its visual condition, and keep your own car (one!) as a backup or for those "solo journeys". Otherwise you will regret it and I don't think you will get back the money spent :eek:

-Alex

#6 ·
I agree with alexGS, though everyone's circumstances are slightly different. If you can hang on to the V6 and get something that works for family drives, as I didn't and lament the sale of my 147 GTA from donkeys ago.

That said, I'm now desperate for a GTV V6!

Good luck whatever the decision...

#9 · (Edited)
I did have 4 cars and am now down to 3....

Tbh I dont want to get rid of either.....I really enjoy the TS and use it far more than the V6.....but both are amazing and I know if I let them go it will be very hard to get ones in such good condition and low mileage (esp the V6!).

Knowing who looked after the TS and having 8 years of recipits and stamps is worth a lot in my mind.....it is a properly looked after car.

The V6 had a more patchy history prior to my ownership, and was obv owned buy a Alfa nut for a while as the engine detailing is really good, but then it changed hands and spent several years not doing anywhere near enough miles.

I think I got it just in time before it started to suffer, but I needed to spend the cash on the clutch, flywheel, belts, exhaust bits etc.....

but its really up togehter now and the overall conditon and engine are excellent. It compares very favourbly to any of the private sale ones I've seen on ebay!

If one has to go they both have to go.....

I have a young family with 2 toddlers, and my wife is looking after them full time and not at work, and its just getting really hard to justify the expense of a stable of Alfa's.....

Ive been ill for the last few days and feeiling rancid, but I'll will get some pictures up. I did have some lovely ones of the V6 in some countrside from the Isle of Wight looking gloriuos but I cant bloody find them

Anyway, as long as the pics are ok they will suffice, the first to see / drive the cars will but them.

D

D

#15 ·
Works to V6:

12/8/14
New clutch/flywheel
2 new front lower arms

11/11/14
New exhaust center
New Lambda

12/1/15
New cambelt / tensioner
Oil / Filter

6/7/15
New front Discs/Pads
Service

12/8/15
New radiator

4/11/15
2 Infinity exhaust custom stainless flexi pipes

4/12/15
2 Goodyear F1's

Gah! I never intended to sell this car, so it better go soon before I just change my mind!

#17 ·
Dan - I know mine is a bit above your price range, however if you don't go for the green one then we might be able to come to some arrangement on price for mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.