Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the stat on the V6 require you to replace the whole housing assembly like on the twinnies ???

I ask because, the V6 housing has a removable bit (joined to the short flared pipe) that looks as though a stat from a motor factors would plop in nicely. A simple replacement just like the old days !!!!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I don't know owt about the twinnies, but on my V6 at least, the stat is an intergral part of the top cover section. Wasn't horribly expensive IIRC...but not as cheap as just popping a bare stat in.

Don't forget the new gasket too ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. I knew it was about £25 from Alfa, but was hoping fpr a cheaper fix :rolleyes:
Never mind, no beer for a couple of days then................

·
Registered
130 Posts
The stat does pop out of the top caver casting, if you press one side down and rotate the plate bit, this is how they are put together. But god only knows where you would find just the right stat bit? :confused: I was trying to anodize mine to stop corrosion but the metal just went all manky :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks, maybe a motor factors will have a part. I know of an 8v owner who swapped the stat without having to replace the whole housing (like I did on mine :( ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts