Alfa Romeo Forum banner

V6 Spider on salvage site Copart.co.uk

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Welshsteve 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting I actually follow a guy on youtube (salvage uk) and be very careful buying on copart. its what's not on their listed is where you need to be looking, does it say running because if not will probally have engine issues. Also click on all the icons as apparently anyone can put their care through their auctions, and if it's your car going through the auction you can pay copart to make it look more "desirable" however they must list this in the advert. Even if the engine is knackard, needs paint and 20percent fees I hope someone saves it as v6 spiders are few and fare between in the UK. ?

#3 ·
It's a non runner and there have been a lot of flood damaged cars down that way recently, the code light is out so it's not the immobiliser so my guess is flood damage or belt failure. On the plus side the engine doesn't look to have been messed with by way of investigation, problem at the moment they are not open for inspection so all you can do is take your chances off the pics, as jon says, it's an enhanced vehicle so any visual evidence of flood damage will be gone but the smell and knackered engine will still be there!

#8 ·
Firstly, it say front damage, that's usually their code for a massive hole in the sump. It may also be water damaged, basically, it's a non runner or they would say it runs and drives. They aren't allowing inspections just now which is understandable, which makes it a big gamble.
Their pics are normally not helpful in determining damage and I'd say on this one that the thing probably needs a lot of paint work too.
Finally, there is no collection facility allowed just now, they will deliver the cars sold to you. They charge like a wounded bull for that service I can assure you. That said, if it's cheap enough it could still be worth buying, but be prepared for a lot of work and expense to fix it properly. I don't think their estimated value is too high if it's all put right properly. Just try to buy one and see the proces, assuming you can actually find one for sale.

#9 ·
I thought flood damage too because you would defiently need to have it cleaned by caport and all that water would throw up the engine light but yeah didnt think of sump aswell, the bumper damage isnt enough alone so got to be something else.

I was tempted to have a cheeky bid with it being just £300 with two days to go however a reserve has now been added and auction extended by a week.... then found out £60 to join copart....then thinking could need new engine, could have rotten floor, stink of dirty water.......I will pass, like delboy said it's a shame it cant be view understanable with everything going on.

#14 ·
Copart do not let you go into there compounds, There is a waiting area where a forklift truck will bring it to you on the forks having first of all paid for it prior to seeing it..........................yes that is correct a forklift truck

#15 ·
normally copart will let you in to inspect a vehicle, just not at the moment... you can pay a bit extra to have a car that runs moved by a driver not a forklift but to be fair I have never had one of their forklifts damage the underside of anything. sadly buying this one blind , guessing it needed a new motor, looking at the missing intake clips I think it had been looked at and a repair was deemed to be out of the question hence copart. and the high cost to have copart deliver I gave it a miss. Is it headed over to the west country I wonder?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.