Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I plan to remove the resonator highlighted in the attached picture. The question I ask is are there any off the shelf solutions? By this I mean cut with the right length and diameter to fit right in with the right material properties not to melt in that oven like engine bay.

If not, and I have to put a bit of manual effort into this, then does anyone have answers to the following:

• What shops will provide me with a pipe with which to fashion my solution
  • What are the measurements I need
  • What is an acceptable material
  • Will the existing clips around the hose and resonator suffice with the new pipe
I've searched this and the other Alfa forums and, while I've found plenty of threads on people doing this, I've not managed to find one with specifics to get the job done.

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
I did this on my TS, I bought a length of polishhed alloy pipe from ebay and cut the length I needed.
If you take it out you can measure the outer diameter.
Mine was such a tight fit (right b++++r to get in) I didnt use any clips and it works just fine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi All,

I plan to remove the resonator highlighted in the attached picture. The question I ask is are there any off the shelf solutions? By this I mean cut with the right length and diameter to fit right in with the right material properties not to melt in that oven like engine bay.

If not, and I have to put a bit of manual effort into this, then does anyone have answers to the following:

• What shops will provide me with a pipe with which to fashion my solution
  • What are the measurements I need
  • What is an acceptable material
  • Will the existing clips around the hose and resonator suffice with the new pipe
I've searched this and the other Alfa forums and, while I've found plenty of threads on people doing this, I've not managed to find one with specifics to get the job done.

Many thanks
Erm, what's the advantage in removing it? Have I missed something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts