Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help with these fairly silly questions?

1. Does anyone have a slave cylinder fitted like this? I have two types, the one in the photo is a direct pipe into the SC, the other type has a small 'reservoir' fitted next to the SC.

2. Engine upper mount. Has anyone powerflexed it. I take it I have to remove the inner bush with a press (as per the rear suspension). You can see the inner bush protruding (no pun) in the photo.

Rebuilding a car after a couple of years is like a massive jigsaw puzzle; oil cooler & power steering pipe routing as well as electrical connectors have made this job far harder than I first thought.

Thanks all, Matt.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Re engine upper mount it doesnt need the same amount of force as the suspension. I managed to remove the old bush using a hammer, chisel & dremmel tool. The Powerflex bushes were push fit and really made a difference in reducing torque steer.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :thumbup: I took the engine mount into work and used the 20 tonne press there, they came out easy enough.

·
Registered
137 Posts
1) The small reservoir you have I was told was to dampen vibrations coming through the clutch hydraulics back to the pedal. without you might get a bit sharper clutch pedal response (less volume to move as there is no damper expanding/stretching) and a bit more vibration at the pedal.

2) I think (maybe completely wrong) that there are 3 cables across the 2 terminals, 1st is for the Battery, 2nd for the Alternator/Starter Motor, 3rd for a pickoff for Interior Electrics?

regarding the electrical connectors, I had a CF2 where all the connectors are mounted above the bell housing, this caught me out as both Lambda exhaust sensors had the same connector, and were located next to each other, I got them mixed up which meant one bank was running incredibly rich and the other incredibly lean with a rough Idle. Just something to watch out for :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
These bits are bugging me - any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts