Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, its quite a simple thread really, all i wana know is does the V6 GTV rear bumper have cutouts to place a twin exhaust system? I always thought the V6 was a twin exhaust system but some1 who i was looking at buying a bumper from say theres no such thing!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which 1 has the twin exit on the back then? i know a model does have it cause ive seen pics, unless adapted it!!! but dont really wana cut into the bumper might look like a cheap mod!!!!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Possibley a mod lordspk, as far as aware they are as they are. I know Autodelta do a twin exit exhaust and also do an upper and lower skirt for the rear bumper. So the exhaust may hang slighlty lower to allow for the space.

The upper skirt goes at the bottom of the bumper to finish it off and above the exhaust proving the space; and the lower skirt piece finishes off under the exhaust tail pipes. Is it possible you've seen this? Perhaps just with the upper piece? Check out http://www.autodeltashop.com/index.php?cPath=30_85 at the bottom you see the lower and upper aprons!!

But as Rob says its probably easily modified with out additions by cutting away the part that is moulded as if it could be cut away.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
As far as i am aware the back box and centre box is the same or will fit both 2.0 and 3.0 even the CUP. i am not aware that any were fitted with twin outlets from stock. I have seen a lovley twin exit system somewhere on the net (think it was on google images) two round holes either side of bumper with close fitted tail pipes installed.Looks sodding great not standard bumper though cos no original cut out for exchaust visable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The red alfa in the pic's above thats what i want so i can put a flamer kit onto it, i think it would look amazing!!!!! Any1 know how much nd how long it would take 2 get it done by a bodyshop?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No joke!!! I think it would look well good with a flamer kit on! overtakin sum old lady flick the flamer kit on!!!!!! :wow: :lol:

Plus no1 would know bout the kit till i turned it on!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i build my cars for show, they are all tastefull mods in my opinion but maybe a poll maybe neccasery ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K then without the flamer kit, wat you think of the red alfa with the twin exit?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
You have to be careful with the twin exists. If done properly, as in Andy's photos, they look :cool: , however, I have heard of people who put them on TS cars, and the exhaust gasses only come out one side, which looks pants.

Also, remember the exhaust is important in effecting the power the engine produces. I'm not sure the twin exhaust are always the most efficient...

W

·
0 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of twin exists tbh...but, on some cars they do look very nice. Depends on the overall look of the car :D

wrinx

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of twin exists tbh...but, on some cars they do look very nice. Depends on the overall look of the car :D

wrinx
I think they are a subjective thing. They can look terrible on some cars and if not done properly but on others they look great.

I never thought twin exhausts would look good on the 156 but I think they look great on the 159:cool:

I thing the GT looks good with twin exhausts too...the bumper even looks like it was designed for them ( even though the cutout/cover on the offisde is for the towing eye)

A

·
0 Posts
Have to change the exhuast on mine now i think. The chrome trim fell off over the weekend. Doh!
Welded it back on but i think it will just annoy me as is.
Prob go for the Alfaholics one or poss the Larini. Bank account permitting. Single exit - think it looks much cleaner.
Car back in the body shop today though! So i have to drive around in a 1.2 Nissan Micra again. Rubbish!!!

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
The Larini one is much cheaper than the Alfaholics one last time I looked :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts