Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just popped into town 3 miles, no problems.

Checked the temp on the way in as i was wondering if i could managed to get any heat in the car before i got there but as it was a straight through short journey it never really kicked in.

Coming back home all was fine then about a couple of hundred yards from home the engine felt slightly lumpy, hard to explain but something didn't feel right.

Did the usual and scan all gauges and spotted the temp was creeping up between the norm and the 130 mark, so turned into my road and pulled into the drive to see the contents of the Rad erupting out from the bottom of the engine bay and down the drain.

Been under it just now and the hoses all seem in order, hard to tell as any residual water is just dripping off the bottom rail. Had a LED light up in the gap and just can't get in the right position to get a good look. The connection of the bottom hose seems OK, so whats the best way to test for the fault. Bit reluctant to fill and run for fear of further damage.

Also where would be the best place to source these. I'm the South East but guess they could be got anywhere these days.

Gutted as the sound on these cold mornings add's a little more rasp and grunt with the induction kit and the Regazzon pipes.

Please help, I need my bella back.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've found out this Rad and silicon hoses but is they anything else out there that has been used by members with good results and is there anywhere else to check for a cheaper deal on OEM parts ?

Rad = Advanced Radiators: Pricing for: AR352Q ALFA ROMEO GTV

Hoses = newalfaparts.co.uk/modifications/417-alfa-romeo-gtv-30-v6-24v-cf2cf3-silicone-coolant-hoses-red.html?search_query=silicone&results=9

·
Registered
416 Posts
Give Alterntative Autos a call regarding OEM parts: 01484 865086. I've used them for years and it's always been a good experience.

Others to try would be Alfaworkshop and/or EB Spares.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Autolusso remake the hoses. You can, as I did, request that you have a set of hoses made without the autolusso branding - if you are wanting to keep the factory look.
I bought an OEM radiator (valeo) from Veloces in London, price wasn't too bad and I think the quality is one up on the aftermarket versions.
If your car still hrs the original radiator and hoses, then it is a good idea at this age to go for a full system replace, for peace of mind.
Best of luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts