Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I have a GT 3.2 V6 (well it is when all the many pieces are together). :thinking:

Fairly major resto / re-build underway which includes updating to a Quaife diff.
Various threads on here are both an inspiration and a well-used reference. :beer:

My query here is can anyone verify the correct size of the retainer lock ring
which is on the gearbox Left Hand output shaft??
Alfa agents NZ have no listing for them or any other info.

Item in question is part No 7704728 as listed in fiatdalys/eper - (see part number 4 in attached diagram).

The existing ring is 24.5mm ID x 1.4mm thick.
This is a very loose fit in the shaft recess which is 2mm wide x 3mm deep.

I'm keen to reassemble with the correct lock ring and NEW if I can source it.

Cheers
John

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Its a good idea to replace it because you dont want the driveshaft popping out whenever your doing other maintenance. When I did mine I ordered a similar sized retaining ring from ebay, I think it was originally listed for a Peugeot. Also check the driveshaft seals as pulling the shaft out with the ring on it can tear the seals.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a good idea to replace it because you dont want the driveshaft popping out whenever your doing other maintenance. When I did mine I ordered a similar sized retaining ring from ebay, I think it was originally listed for a Peugeot. Also check the driveshaft seals as pulling the shaft out with the ring on it can tear the seals.
Hi davebem yes agreed on new seals and the ring thing....
I'm a bit perplexed the ring is so loose though, so suspect it may not be the correct size.
Can you recall dimensions of the one you replaced, or, recall what Peugeot model was similar??

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Hi davebem yes agreed on new seals and the ring thing....
I'm a bit perplexed the ring is so loose though, so suspect it may not be the correct size.
Can you recall dimensions of the one you replaced, or, recall what Peugeot model was similar??
Hiya pal ..

I changed mine when upgrading the diff three years ago so available then .. iirc correctly i had to buy a pack of ten from alfa though they were cheap enough .. been fine since fitting them.. if i get time i wil look tonight and see if i can locate them to measure you one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts