Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Tried to replace my alternator belt on saturday only to find out it doesnt match the manual picture for the engine.

If you look underneath there will be the alternator on the left (higher up), the belt goes from the alternator, over the water pump and down to the engine pulley..........then it shows a tensioner wheel to the left of the engine pulley.

Trouble is I haven't got this tensioner wheel. The parts CD shows it.

Can you V6 owners have a quick look and check for me?

I'm wondering if it was there on the earlier cars but gave some trouble so they did away with it???

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
have just changed alternator belt on my 1995 v6 and it has no tensioner :confused: there should be a short bolt sticking towards the bulkhead this should have a lock nut on it wink just undo lower alternator bolt a bit then wind the adjuster bolt out to release tension and then back in to tension belt once fitted wink hope this makes sense does to me but that means nowt :p :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, makes sense to me (except the little bolt decided to shear off!!). Gonna have to change the aircon belt too, might as well while its off to get at the alternator belt :(

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
its not good when things break :( that reminds me better get a cambelt ordered havent changed it yet and its done 60000 since last one was done eek! are there any tensioners or rollers that need doing while i,m on with it :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts