Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Zamani,
I've been looking for these as well - to no avail so far. In my view its a waste of time putting in a bigger exhaust without using larger headers. I emailed an Australian company called HotBits who do extractors for Twinsparks and export to Malaysia (check out http://www.speedworks.com.my/EXHAUST%20EXTRACTORS.htm) They said they don't make them for the V6 because there isn't enough demand for them. I would have thought the V6 would be the most numerous out of all Alfa engines as, I believe, been around since 1979 or so. They suggested I check out European manufacturers. The only one of these I've seen is Madeno Racing (www.madenoracing.nl), but it costs over 1,000 euros.
If you do find anything else let us know.
Good luck,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I can't afford 1000 euros that for sure! When I'm back in Malaysia, I will see if I can get a foundry to custom make one for me. Should cost about RM 600 or euro 170. My friend did a turbo manifold for his 146 1.7 Boxer 16V Turbo for only RM300 or euro 85.

For my 75 3.0 I'm using an ES30/SZ exhaust manifold, which is stainless steel and is only euro 500. SInce it's factory made, fitment is easy.

Zamani

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait a minute.. don't you guys mean RHD and LHD? They drive on the left side of the road in Malaysia don't they? just like in the UK and NZ. Those EB spares have stuff for the 156, so it may not be too much to expect them to have something for the 155. I've emailed them anyway. If I hear anything back I'll let you know. There must be something around...
Cheers,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've talked to Kevin at EB Spares a while back. They don't have V6 headers for the 155 V6. They MAY have some stuff for the 156, but I doubt it would be headers for the 156 V6, probably just the mufflers.

I was thinking of modifying 164 headers, but the 164 engine tilts at a different angle.

One other solution is to send the standard manifolds to extrude hone and have them shave off more material. But its about US$500, your manifold and about 4 weeks! Too much of money and time.

Yeah we drive on the same size as the Brits, we were a British colony.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, EB replied back saying 155s weren't their speciality. But they had a bit of stuff for the 156 on their website, even cam kits I think. There was an Italian performance exhaust company mentioned on the site - CSC. Its possible they have something. I've tried finding more information on them but without success so far. Anyone know an address for them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts