Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since buying the car late last year I have only done local journeys so never checked the mpg.

Last weekend I had to get down to Heathrow so decided to take the GTV and allow her to stretch her legs.

Brimmed before I left and brimmed when I got back so I could get a true mpg figure.

Journey completed at moderately high speed and certainly did not drive with optimum mpg in mind but she averaged 28 to the gallon - more than happy, with a gentler right foot I reckon 31-32 would have been possible but a gentler right foot makes buying the V6 pointless :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I can easily get 30+ mpg on a long, fast run. It is also seems to run more smoothly afterwards. I still only average just over 20 mpg though so I know the short journeys really kill the mpg!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
If I take the Cup on a long distance cruise of 100 miles or more then easily achieve 30+, but the Cup is my 'toy' so I don't really worry too much if it's 20 MPG, I just love the journey.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I drove to Manchester last week and got 32mpg, I was very impressed. Unfortunately, if I introduce any town driving, that goes straight down. Normally I get 24 for my eight mile (all main road) commute.

D

·
0 Posts
I usually get between 25-30mpg depending on where/what I've been doing. Most months I'm getting about 350 miles out of a brimmed to fuel light on tankful. Not bad i thought, I was expecting far worse. :cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmmm, I get 25mpg using LPG on mostly motorway miles at 75 mph(it's natural gait in 6th).

Was thinking I need to run through two tankfuls of u/l to see what it would be on petrol rather than the 'gas (this would cost me £50 or so) - I would be hoping for 30 mpg.

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
I reckon you could touch 30mpg on a steady run in a 6 speed GTV.

The 5 speed V6 GTV I had could have done with an extra gear for cruising.

Apart from the lack or rear space (due to an imminent baby) the fuel consumption was why I sold it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
On the 360 mile return trip from picking up mine I got just over 32mpg (mostly motorway), but I was just tootling along.

I'm now enjoying the smiles per mile and ignoring the mpg :)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I reckon you could touch 30mpg on a steady run in a 6 speed GTV.

The 5 speed V6 GTV I had could have done with an extra gear for cruising.

Apart from the lack or rear space (due to an imminent baby) the fuel consumption was why I sold it.
my car is bang on 3000rpm at 80 mph in a 3.0 5 speed

does someone have the info on what revs 80 mph would be in a 6 speeder please ???

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
my car is bang on 3000rpm at 80 mph in a 3.0 5 speed

does someone have the info on what revs 80 mph would be in a 6 speeder please ???
MY GTV was doing more RPM than that at 80mph, but I had 16" wheels which have a smaller rolling radius.

(I know the tyres on the 17"'s are lower profile but the RR is still bigger on the 17's)

IIRC my 6 speed GTV was doing around 2800 at 80mph, but it was a long time ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts