Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi

I have just got myself a phase 2 v6 spider. The induction pipe from the throttle body to air filter is split and taped over. The only replacement I can find is this: Alfa Romeo Induction Pipe GTV / Spider 916 3.0 V6 24v CF2/CF3 - Silicone - Autolusso New Alfa Romeo Parts

Is it straight forward to replace, ie undoing the jubilee clips and swapping over?

Thanks in advance

Jas
Welcome :)

They work well and are much stronger than the originals. Replacement is quite literally take off old one, put on new one. I'm planning on fitting one as a preventative measure.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Done it on mine a couple of weeks back, really easy. Just take the pipe to a motor factors before you fit it and get the right size jubilees before you take the car apart!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arrgghh

Sorry about this but I need a bit of help here.

I ordered the Autolusso cf2/3 pipe and got it today. However my (cracked) induction pipe has a fourth outlet (The Autolusso one has only 3), dropping straight down from the air filter end to a black plastic box (?resonator).
My car is an import from Japan so this may account for the difference. Ned at Autolusso told me to just get rid of the resonator box and forget about it. If I do this, could it cause me any problems?

Jas

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Fiat must of put it there for a good reason but many people including myself have removed it. I couldn't tell any difference in the running or performance with it removed.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Arrgghh

Sorry about this but I need a bit of help here.

I ordered the Autolusso cf2/3 pipe and got it today. However my (cracked) induction pipe has a fourth outlet (The Autolusso one has only 3), dropping straight down from the air filter end to a black plastic box (?resonator).
My car is an import from Japan so this may account for the difference. Ned at Autolusso told me to just get rid of the resonator box and forget about it. If I do this, could it cause me any problems?

Jas
Haha, doubting me are you :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ned

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, doubting me are you :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Ned
Bloody Hell, you get about a bit and quickly too.

Ok, judging by your post I will put my faith in you! But you still can't tell me what the box is for!!

Regards

Jas

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I thought I read on here it was to do with air waves and low end torque. And it certainly decreases the engine air flow noise. Personally though dump it and get the autolusso pipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts