Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my car for business purposes and a lot of my driving is either urban rush hour, with some open roads and motorway.

A little voice at the back of my head has been whispering about getting a V6 GT to replace my JTD as I miss the crsip throttle response of big petrol units, not to mention the sound.

Could you V6 owners please post me your rush hour and motorway MPG figures please so I can tell the voice to shut up and happily stick with my oil burner?

I am currently averaging around 30 around town and 45 on the motorway.

Thanks. :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
your gona get anywhere near 30 in the V6 around town:lol: or 45 ever:lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I do nearly 50 miles a day on mixture A and B roads, no motorway.

Winter: 23mpg manual calc , dash says 25mpg
Summer: 25mpg, dash says 27mpg

Motorway driving gives 28mpg +, especially in Europe.

The range seems to fluctuate a bit. I never get the range to go over 317 miles, on fill-up. However, after driving a few miles, most it has ever shown is 390 miles range.

Funnily enough, I have been thinking of selling the V6 ;-)

·
Registered
Gt 3.2 V6
433 Posts
I dont use mine for work, i know it would skint me, but on a run on motorways its not to bad if you dont boot it, drove to norfolk last year, average 31mpg at 80 _90mph

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i probably do a 50:50 mix of urban vs highway. my car averages 10.8L/100km (i'll let you do the conversion).

:)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Around town between 19MPG and 22MPG, cruiseing 80-90mph on motorways I get 25mpg. Ive had 33MPG once in the summer up the motorway at 60mph. It isnt great I only use mine as a weekend car.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I get 21 around town

I have owned 2 x GT V6's and a 147 GTA and without a doubt they are the best cars I have ever owned. I have flirted with diesels a couple of times but I don't like the way they deliver the power, the 3.2 V6 on the other hand is a delight. If you can afford it......do it ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm getting 22 around town, closer to 30 on the motorway but it's a v6 so I don't hold out hopes stunning fuel economy, it's not the reason for owning one is it. My v6 vectra used to give me 22 combined and the jaguar straight six used to return 8mpg in rush hour traffic, now THAT was scary and expensive!!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Clare consistently gets 30mpg+ in hers on long drives. Our 2800 mile Euro trip last year gave 26.3mpg & included several mountain passes Inc Stevlio & lots of 90mph autoroute driving. Certainly far more economical than my 2.2 Ti:wow:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would usually get around 270 to 280 miles to a tank of petrol, once I did manage to do just over 300miles and that was on a trip to Wales!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts