Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've just rebuilt my engine but I notice the fuel injection warning light stays on. Any idea what it is for? Does it indicate sensor malfunction or does the ECU require a reset?
I now nothing of 155's as I have only recently come down (up?)from a 75 Cloverleaf.

T

·
0 Posts
Reg

With fear of being kicked off the forum, you've definitely gone down. Luckily I still have my 75 3 litre aswell as a 155....

Anyhow, it probably means that one of the sensors isn't working, or might not be connected, and it shouldn't mean an ECU problem. Have a search on previous posts for using the self diagnsotics thing (pressing the throttle pedal and flashing injector light etc...).

W

·
0 Posts
The self diagnostic only works on later cars with the Alfa CODE system.

Injector warning light usually means a fault with the lambda sensor or fuel injection system.

You could try disconnecting the battery for half an hour to see if it goes away, check all the connections etc etc..........otherwise a diagnostic check may be your best course of action.

Tim.....tut, tut wink

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
Tim you traitor, I believe he needs separating from his wing mirrors and headlamp washer nozzles unless an apology is forthcoming.
ps I had a 75TS and loved it.
pps What year did the Alfa CODE system start???

W

·
0 Posts
Seems to be the 1995 widebody's on but am open to correction wink

I've got a little "Alfa CODE" sticker on the front door windows.

From memory it something like press the accelerator five times in under five seconds with the ignition on "marcia". The injection light will then flash a sode at you. I posted the full list a while back.

wrinx

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a 95(N) with alfa code. The battery has been disconnected for a "period" but makes no difference.
P.S. The air-bypass valve(on the plenum) seems to operate as-soon-as the ignition is selected, hot or cold engine - is this normal?
Mr Wrinx - where is your post?

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Hi there REG and welcome

The injector light coming on is indicating a fault on the injectors

You say you just rebuilt it have you got all the engine earths back on ??? Also check the wiring plugs ont the injectors

Does run badly or missfire ????

Might be that you got some muck on one of the injectors which might be reducing fuel pressure which will put a fault light

Another silly qyestion but you did put the fuel lines back on the right way round???

J

·
0 Posts
the warning light is a 'general' warning it doesnt mean an injector is a fault just that something isnt operating correctly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Using the test procedure (thanks "wrinx"), I have the error code 1,2,1,6 - throttle valve sensor. This I replaced but it made no difference, any ideas? (Does it need reset? I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes)

W

·
0 Posts
Did you run the test again? Try disconnecting the battery for a bit longer, most people reckon about 20-30 mins. Dunno if it'll make any difference but worth a go!

A couple of people on AO.com have said to touch the battery cables together after taking the battery out....not sure I like that one but they swear by it!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
This might sound daft but is the throttle cable too tight ??? or is there an air leak somewhere??

Get a similar fault on vauxhalls and these are the two main causes

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still no difference. A few more questions
1) How do you adjust the idle speed?
2) My air-bypass valve seems to "work" as soon as the igniton is turned on - is this normal?
Also appears to not fully close (hot or cold engine).

J

·
0 Posts
the bypass valve is self cleaning thats why it will always make noise even with just the ignition on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts