Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I would think/hope his phone will be rather busy today :thumbup:
I sent an email through the site and hadn't heard anything so i rang the seller at 12.30 and he told me it had just sold with a deposit paid. I said that it was disappointing considering i had sent my interest earlier and he proceeded to explain what had happened....driving to work etc....I didn't really want to know the full story as its sold!

Cheap car all the same, probably worth another 1K at least with the mileage and sunroof.

All the same, god knows how i would have got it from Dorset to Manchester :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Thanks Spank

I too sent an early email but followed it up with a phone call as their email system didn't fill me full of confidence!?

On it's way to West Sussex.

It does need some work, failed mot in Feb & all the usual stuff I suspect.

Clive

·
Registered
188 Posts
All the same, god knows how i would have got it from Dorset to Manchester :biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

...!! Do what I did when I bought my GTV V6 down that way 4 years ago - one-way flight M'cr to Southampton, fingers-crossed the car is OK (luckily for me it was superb), bank transfer the cash & drive back North in newly acquired Alfa legend ...!

Yes, this one is ridiculously cheap. But it looks a bit scruffy, he hasn't even vacced out the footwells on the photos. Maybe it hides hidden troubles.... mind you even if it does you could throw £3k at it to get it bang-up to scratch with all the right bits & have yourself a decent low-mileage GTV V6 for < £4.5k. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I too sent an early email but followed it up with a phone call as their email system didn't fill me full of confidence!?

Clive
:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
These cars look like bargains, but you can easily spend double what you pay being them up to scratch. Mot, Cambelt, suspension, brakes, paintwork etc etc and no longer a bargain lol!

Glad to see it being rescued rather than broken

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Clive

You will have to let us know if you have bought a lemon or a good car....I think for that money I know the answer already.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
You will have to let us know if you have bought a lemon or a good car....I think for that money I know the answer already.
Just driven it back, 131 miles, no warning lights, strong engine/clutch/gearbox, suspension seems all ok.

Only failed mot on exhaust blow/emissions & os track rod end

Needs boot spoiler & sill covers painting due to dullness, cambelt overdue, only done 20k but 9+ years old!....hence I didn't boot it, exhaust front downpipes, track rod end & a general detailing.

Nice interior, aftermarket working sunroof, Teledials, straight car, certainly not a lemon.

Clive

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Is that a standard sunroof ?

Clive I can't believe you're using T Cut !!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Is that a standard sunroof ?

Clive I can't believe you're using T Cut !!
Aftermarket sunroof, probably why it's still working!?

I normally have the paint shop machine my cars, or a mobile valeter, who use all the latest materials.

I've got a small bottle of T-Cut on the shelf for removing small scratches or paint marks.

Only used it on this car due to valeter being fully booked until end of next week & I didn't want anyone seeing it dull & unpolished. Say what you like about T-Cut..........it worked a treat.

Clive

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts