Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, got a two year posting so cars have to be sold.

I was saving my 99' V reg Blue GTV V6 with tan leather and 66k for the summer

No mot or tax
Will need new rear brakes for mot and handbrake adjusting.
No known service history apart from cambelt change at 55,000 (stamp on engine)
Powerflexed rear
Injector light has been on the whole time I have had the car but it runs fine and pulls very well. I always kept the oil clean and looked after the car.

It was crash repaired before I bought it and I use it purely as a weekend toy when the weather is nice.

Never let me down, but has been stood for a few months due to tours of duty.

Due to lack of service history I know it won't fetch much, went on 'we buy any car dot com' and the offer was £1350. If anyone can beat that you can have it :)

I am only selling because I can't take her to the States, but will have more than enough pennies for a Cup when I return :)

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
******* H*** thats cheap, typical, you couldnt have sold it last year when i was buying!!
Good luck with the sale, shouldnt take long :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in Surrey, and I want it! (I already have 2.0 TS) Prob is I don't have the money right now, but if you still have it in a couple of months (doubtful, I know) I would be very interested! I looked at this thread thinking it's ok, the car will be in Liverpool or Nottingham or something and I wouldn't mind, but, now I am frustrated!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
We buy any car.con are a joke. my better half was offered £350 for her primera when book price was £1300. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I might be interested in the GTV but will have to discuss it at home first. We were planning to go for a twinnie to reduce running costs a little, but I'm a sucker for a V6. If you have any pics could you possibly email them to [email protected]

If she can be persuaded to endure the fuel bills I'll make you an offer that hopefully won't be offensive!

Many thanks

Neil

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, I have some pictures for you, they were taken after a clean and polish. Their is some colour fade and a light key mark but the t-cut makes it all nice if you take the time to do it :)

I will get her out of my garage in the morning and get the actual milage for you.

J

·
0 Posts
Steven you have PM.......i was looking for a 166 but this is too good to be true and i would be stupid not to be looking at it

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well, I'm afraid I won't be bidding. My better half checked out the fuel economy figures and gave me one of those looks. She reckons as a toy it would cost even more to run than her marine fish tank. SO it'll be a twinnie for me

J

·
0 Posts
Well, I'm afraid I won't be bidding. My better half checked out the fuel economy figures and gave me one of those looks. She reckons as a toy it would cost even more to run than her marine fish tank. SO it'll be a twinnie for me
if driven conservatively you can get the V6 to be pretty close to the Twinnie's figures......

I shouldn't be saying that though

·
Registered
459 Posts
if driven conservatively you can get the V6 to be pretty close to the Twinnie's figures......

I shouldn't be saying that though
No, you should. You should be saying that to my missus. Shall I send you her number? Or would that be a really really bad idea? :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
No, you should. You should be saying that to my missus. Shall I send you her number? Or would that be a really really bad idea? :lol:
I said it was possible, the problem is once you hear the sound of a V6 on song all thoughts of fuel economy go out of the window and so you end up with sub 10MPG figures :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
What a brilliant car! Pop it in your garage, do the posting and come back to your fantastic car. If you can afford a cup when you return get one. Your car is worth a lot more than £1300!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Having looked at the pics I reckon this V6 has to be worth at least twice the asking price. Gutted for you that you have to sell in such a hurry. Is there any way you could manage to hold on to it? You're virtually giving it away otherwise.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I said it was possible, the problem is once you hear the sound of a V6 on song all thoughts of fuel economy go out of the window and so you end up with sub 10MPG figures :lol:
Sub 10mpg :eek:

Never again will I complain about the consumption of the Aprilia. it's a teetotaler by comparisson.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sub 10 was meant as a joke I'm sure. Maybe on a track you could get below 10, but that would be impossible on the road. Sub 20 is more than achievable though...

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Sub 10 no way, but 17mpg is probably the urban mpg, still pretty expensive with the price of fuel sky high.

J

·
0 Posts
Sub 10 was meant as a joke I'm sure. Maybe on a track you could get below 10, but that would be impossible on the road. Sub 20 is more than achievable though...
Sub 10 no way, but 17mpg is probably the urban mpg, still pretty expensive with the price of fuel sky high.

No i was not kidding about the sub 10mpg, but as i said once the V6 sings....and in order to get it to sing you sometimes have to rev it a little ;)

I have driven an Alfa V6 and got just under 10mpg, yes i was nailing it at the time...round town, 15-20mpg, a twinnie will only do late 20s round town stop start driving and about 35 on a run

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
On a track it will drink LOADS of fuel but then you will be 100% throttle for alot of the time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts