Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More questions, though this one isn't too bad.

The flexipipe section of the zorst is new and still shiny.

Anyway, had a razz with Jason and blew the zorst.

It turns out it is a perfectly round hole on the underside opposite the lambda probe. I remember from being under the car before that there was a bolt or something screwed into this hole (which I thought was strange, why have a hole and then cover it up).

So what is this hole for ???

Can I just put another bolt in and get Jason to weld it in place ???

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the hole is used to take an emissions reading before the cat. just plug it back up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JB, long time no hear !!!!

Wonder why it came out in the first place ????

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps it decided to jump ship before you could fiddle with it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah but now I get to fiddle finding a bolt that'll fit :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Mine did the self same thing after i bottomed it out going over a hump back bridge at Warp Factor 10 :D :D :D

The impact with the ground must of loosened the bolt :rolleyes: All i did was get a bolt that pushed into the hole and welded the head of the bolt to the front pipe :D :D Been no more trouble since :cool:

At least you get to tinker and Jase gets to do some more welding

Btw you probably won`t find a bolt the right thread as its an odd sized thread

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
!!!!!! :( I'll nip to the engineering firm along the road to try and get a bolt....and then weld it.

That'll be what happened to my bolt then. The roads up at Knockhill are bumpy in parts and I was thumping the zorst over a few jumps :eek: :D

The flexipipe section is rather low isn't it ???

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Yeah it does run pretty low down to the road ...................I was thinking about modifying it when i take the CAT off with the Oxy Bottles :D :D so its higher up :rolleyes:

Something else to add to the list of things to do when the Engine/Gearbox come out to get Sorted ;) :D :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well now it's fixed. Couldn't get a bolt to fit so bought an Arc Welder instead.
Imagine my wifes delight when I came home with that after saying "I'm just popping out to get a couple of bolts" :eek:

I did what you did Speedy and rammed a tight fitting bolt in the hole and filled the gaps with metal. It looks sooooo....errrr....professional :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
marlon.. to quote someone.... 'that looks like a lump of pewter' :D :p

not that easy is it :D

of course i would have done a better job :p wonder how long 'till the weld falls off and the bolt goes awol again :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jason77 said:
marlon.. to quote someone.... 'that looks like a lump of pewter' :D :p

not that easy is it :D

Marlon, as U're a newbie 2 the art of welding, the quote would probabally have been 'looks like bird 5h1t' :D normally dose at the start.
did U buy a arc or mig set?? mig's more handyer on cars.
strut brace next wk eh marlon ;) with a bit of practice, there's only 2 things U can't weld up............the crack of dawn & a broken heart.
.........narlo.....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Arc or Mig...that was gonna be my question too...don't fancy using a stick welder on thinner stuff :eek: although techinically they are both "arc" welders :rolleyes:

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Proper Arc welder cos it was cheaper, you can get into smaller areas easier with the rod and you tend not to burn through the metal like sometimes happens with the mig welders I've seen.

I've already got a Momo strut brace so don't need a homemade one.

Also my weld does look like a lump of pewter (I described Jase's as that !!!)

No bird 5hit splatter at all. How long it'll last, who knows, the hole and bolt now has a nice "skin" of melted metal over it, albeit with a couple of stallagtites (sp ??) where I put too much metal on :(

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
was just thinking that :D
I've taken a half day so will be home about 12'ish.
Gonna grind and swap the brake bias springs. Might even bleed the brakes if I have time before picking up monkey boy :p

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
coming up to knockers later too?
gonna see if i can skive meself :D

j

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, but I'll have Jay with me...so no razzing I'm afraid :(

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i can razz.. you can just be slow... oh hang on... nothing changes there then :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts