Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from my local wheel alignment centre after having the wheels of the GTV Cup checked, sorted and correctly aligned.
The benefits of a better drive and more MPG make this for me a long overdue but worthwhile task.

After checking the car it was found to be toeing in at the rear.
This was sorted.

The front has as the ideal specification a negative range of minus 0.08 - 0.015 where as I was driving with a postive + 1.14

Again this was corrected although I am told that the official spec range does not really allow for the front tyre wear of the V6 engine cars so he suggested we go slightly under at a figure of minus -0.05.

As he works on lots of Alfa's I could hardly argue with him.
Looking forward to driving it to see the difference as long as the snow stays away !!

A few pictures attached. Always good to take the opportunity to do a little inspection on the underside whilst its up on the ramp.
Alan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking good mate, how much££??
Cost for the Wheel Alignment is £34.
Not sure how that might compare to some other garages but I thought the pricing policy was fair.

I was able to watch it all and ask various questions during the half hour it took and got a printout of the work at the end.
Oh and a bill !!

Alan

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alan,
Have you had your alloys refurbed ? If so any recommendations.
Sorry original and still OK at the moment.

I am sure I saw a post or two about a company called Jepsons in Gillingham who have a good reputation and can colour match the Cup colour if necessary

Alan

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
£34 is a good price for alignment on a machine like that, I have paid low £40s for alignment on a hunter machine, and recently £60! (they actually charge £40 + £10 per adjustment but gave me cheap price as I bought some tyres too)

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts