Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of taking out my 2.5 v6 and i'm not sure of the best way to do it. Should I lift it out, this seems a bit tight for clearance, or is it easier to drop it? I'm not liking the idea of taking off the subframe for that though.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Just taken one out yesterday :)

Took it out the top, with rads and slam panel removed. The other way is to remove the n/s suspension, then the gearbox, then pull it out the top.

Or, as you say, you can remove the subframe and drop it out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just taken one out yesterday :)

Took it out the top, with rads and slam panel removed. The other way is to remove the n/s suspension, then the gearbox, then pull it out the top.

Or, as you say, you can remove the subframe and drop it out.
Did you have problems disconnecting the driveshafts they look tricky.
I was going down the route of out the top but 3 of the slam panel bolts are stuck tight despite lots of wd40.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Did you have problems disconnecting the driveshafts they look tricky.
I was going down the route of out the top but 3 of the slam panel bolts are stuck tight despite lots of wd40.
None whatsoever! Mike2909 disconnected them. :lol: You just undo the 6(?) bolts around each inner cv joint (think that's what they're called) and they separate.

If your crane can lift high enough, you could probably do it without removing the slam panel. Don't quote me though... :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts