Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some major wiring loom problems fried the ECU on my 1994 skinny V6 i fitted a second-hand ECU off another car (siezed engine) of the same year.
I had always understood that '94 was pre-"coded keys" .
The key i've always used to start it certainly looks like it has just a plain plastic fob !
The car turns over fine but not even a hint of a spark :(

Any ideas anyone ?

The 2.0 TS is nice around town but i'm missing the grunt of my V6 ;)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Does it have an Immobiliser built into the early ones?????????

Only other thing i can think of at the mo is that you have`nt repaired all the wiring faults ............are you getting a signal to and from the crankshaft sensor???

Are you getting power to the DIS pack??? are you actually getting a spark at the plugs???

Is there fuel getting through to the injectors???

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel - yes
Spark at plugs - no
Power at DIS pack - don't know ! Short of sticking my finger in there wasn't sure exactly how i could check :)
Crankshaft sensor - haven't checked but is high on my list of suspects

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Try the TDC sensor - mine did exactly what yours is doing when that went to Boot Hill.

No immobilisor or nuthin' on my skinny (95/M) - thank goodness. ;)

Ralf S.

B

·
0 Posts
My '95 V6 (march '95) only had an aftermarket immobiliser, just a normal key.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
drummerboytom said:
Fuel - yes
Spark at plugs - no
Power at DIS pack - don't know ! Short of sticking my finger in there wasn't sure exactly how i could check :)
Crankshaft sensor - haven't checked but is high on my list of suspects
To check power to the DIS pull the connector off ..............and use a test light you should have a power with ignition and two earths ............if its the same as conventional motors then the earths should pulse when you crank the engine :D :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOOOHOOO :D
The V6 is back in the land of the living !!!
Took a professional auto-electrician 2.5 hrs to discover .......................................
...........................a bad earth !! :rant:
One of the engine earth straps had a poor connection and the ECU wasn't registering sufficient earth and so wouldn't send any signal to the DIS pack .
Just got back from a little exercise up the local by-pass ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts