Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How thirsty is the 155 v6 (say compared to the 2.0 16v)? I would be doing around 150 miles extra urban and 100 miles urban a week.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds a bit less than me, I get around 23mpg and visit the petrol station every few days eek! :rolleyes: Longer runs I get around 30-33 depending on the driving style.

wrinx

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get 28 to 30 average, about two thirds of my mileage is extra urban, rest is stop start traffic jam nightmare.

80 to 90 mph motorway run returned 34 mpg recently

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI, MY CAR,S PRETTY THIRSTY TOO ESPECIALLY WHEN DRIVEN HARD,BEST MPG IS ABOUT 32MPG, BUT WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE ENGINE SIZE AND THE FACT THAT IT HAS OVER 100,000 MILES UP THATS PRETTY GOOD REALLY.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I managed 29 mpg recently, just normal use. May seem silly, but since the 17" wheels have gone on the economy has improved.Slightly less acceleration, but better cruising and all that. Will now easily do 35 in 1st, 60 in 2nd and 85 in 3rd when pushed!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Well on my recent run down to NAD i averaged around the 32 mpg at warp factor 9

AndyMac:
Will now easily do 35 in 1st
Btw Andy i can break the 40 mph speed limit in 1st in my beast :D but that is redlining it eek! eek!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking of warp factor.........any news on the ticket yet SF? :(

wrinx

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your poor poor engine speedy

Mind you, look at the mini cooperS thread :(

only done that the once in my beast though (so far
)

:D skinnyV6 :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
So far so good all i`ve had through the door is the usual Junk Mail :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

With a bit of luck he was holding it the wrong way round and has sent his dinner a ticket instead of me :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
tony24:
your poor poor engine speedy

My theory is simple

1 it`s` an ALFA and is made to be driven so i drive it

2 It has a rev limiter to stop damage by over revving so i use it

3 I`ve driven every car i`ve owned like this and not one of them has ever gone bang so i must be doing right :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, its a fair cop guv' wink

i had a volvo driver moment there for a second eek! :rolleyes:
Won't happen again, promise :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You’ve sunk your next five years’ paychecks into this sweet Italian beauty and you’re not going to abuse it, by golly. You shift at 2500 rpm and never go over 70 mph. To prove your point, the car needs tuning so often now that if you really put your foot into it you’re sure something would explode. That’s Italian cars for you. Somewhere, right now in Italy, someone’s driving exactly the same car as yours. His right foot is pressed firmly to the floor, where it has been for the last three hours. The rubber on the brake pedal shows no perceptible wear. The speedometer and tachometer are both trying to bury themselves offscale. His arms are weary from cranking the wheel back and forth as he negotiates the mountain roads. His eyes gleam and his heart is glad for he has never once had cause to do more than regular maintenance to his thoroughbred of a car that has uncounted kilometers on its engine. He’s right and you’re wrong!
Taken from Per Einarssons Alfa Romeo Source

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent advice!!!

Alfa's are race bred and need to be driven otherwise whats the point :D

wrinx

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
getting back to the topic now (sort of),
what effect does the squadra chip have on economy?
and does it give much extra low down grunt?, i.e below 4000rpm?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tony24
Have a look at Carl155's thread 'Squadrad V6 Verdict' after he fitted the chip.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I must defend myself. 35mph in 1st is more than adequate as I have issues with head gasket (possible) failure. Therefore, till service time I shall endeavour to shift gear before 5500rpm!

Anyway, still have horrid memory of driving a Sierra Cosworth to redline in 1st and one of the pistons going through the block! Wasn't even my car! Whoops!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Col mate i Could`nt have said it any better if i tried

Tony24 Go for the chip you`ll be pleased with the results

Andy forgot your baby was a bit poorly and i hope she gets better soon

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will once funds allow

So many mods, yet so little bank balance....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts