Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I bought the Alfa GT V6 3.2 Distinctive, now I know the Distinctive model had some extra features like the Bose sound which I have and the 330mm front brakes but what else does the Distinctive model have extra? I searched on the net but there is nothing conclusive. Maybe we can list the extra features here? Also, in the rear, there are the main speakers and small tweeters but when I removed the trim I found there are no actual tweeters installed, just the mesh to make it look like a speaker is inside, the tweeter is actually combined with the big speakers. Is this normal?

Distinctive extra features so far:

1. Bose sound
2. 330mm front brake discs

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I think all bose sound is of coaxial speakers, so no tweeters. still people pay a fortune to have it, and for all the other overpriced bose home systems with direct reflecting technology (and other bs technology) with no published specs whatsoever and no flexibility in installation also.
I HATE BOSE AND I WILL NEVER BUY A THING FROM THEM!!!

unless it comes pre installed in a 2nd hand alfa romeo I buy in the meantime...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same setup in the front, have to check tonight if there is a seperate tweeter in the little bose tweeter mesh...

1. Bose sound

·
Registered
351 Posts
Same setup in the front, have to check tonight if there is a seperate tweeter in the little bose tweeter mesh...

1. Bose sound
These are standard on all GT v6 also you won't find anything behind the mesh up front either.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm...strange, I thought the Distinctive has extra features to the stock V6?

Found another one: 18" rims

1. Bose sound
3. 18" rims

Unless all GT V6's are Distinctives??

·
Registered
600 Posts
If this is in the UK there is no such model. The GT in V6 form are all the same just with added extras. Mine has all extras bar a sun roof if there was a sun roof as an option? I'm not sure

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If this is in the UK there is no such model. The GT in V6 form are all the same just with added extras. Mine has all extras bar a sun roof if there was a sun roof as an option? I'm not sure
What were those extras?

·
Registered
351 Posts
What were those extras?
Just having a quick look on Google it seems it may have been a run out model in some European countries mainly Spain.
Maybe their standard V6 was equipped differently to our UK market?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My V6 was assembled in South Africa, they had a base model and then the Distinctive model, the base didn't come with the 330mm brakes or the 18"rims but rather with 17's?
I can't believe the info on the internets is so inconclusive but there was definitely a difference or they just flogged the base with extras and called it Distinctive? It was distinct from the other V6's

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1. Bose sound
3. 18" rims
4. Leather seats and leather trim

It's called the Distinctive package

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I reiterate. All the V6 GT cars had the 330mm brakes. You can confirm this on Eper.

No Alfas have been assembled in South Africa since the factory closed in 1985.

Your car may have been sold in South Africa, but it was built at Pomigliano in Italy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Could be that the full designation was GT V6 3.2 24V Distinctive to make it distinct from the other 4 cylinder models in the Alfa Range?

Engine was build in Arese, last of the Mohicans

Now I see it here on the internets, the 3.2 GT model was the only one in the GT range that had extra features so let me rephrase:

what were the extra features on the 3.2 GT model that made it distinctive to the other GT models as the other models had 284 mm ventilated front discs with 276 mm at the rear.

1. Bose sound
3. 18" rims
4. Leather seats and leather trim

·
Registered
391 Posts
I reiterate. All the V6 GT cars had the 330mm brakes. You can confirm this on Eper.

No Alfas have been assembled in South Africa since the factory closed in 1985.

Your car may have been sold in South Africa, but it was built at Pomigliano in Italy.
South Africa and Australia got the same package, in Australia it was restricted to 100 vehicles designated 100th anneversaary model. Japan also got a similar model but have no idea how many were actualy sold in either country including my own. On the Fiat/Alfa site all vehicles around 2010 build are actualy listed as Distinctive as far as I know.

Allan

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Rachelba, the special run-out model package you are talking about wasn't the "Distinctive" designation as far as I know. It was the "Centenario" of which 100 went to Australia and 30 went to South Africa. These were only available in black, white, blue and red and had 18-inch wheels specific to this model - a ten-spoke design with the spokes in five pairs.
Other things these cars had, if I remember correctly, were different mirrors (grey coloured), included parking sensors at the rear, among other things.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Rachelba, the special run-out model package you are talking about wasn't the "Distinctive" designation as far as I know. It was the "Centenario" of which 100 went to Australia and 30 went to South Africa. These were only available in black, white, blue and red and had wheels specific to this model - a ten-spoke design with the spokes in five pairs.
I think they had different names specified for different markets, check on Wiki, this gives a fairly accurate discription of specific models.

Allan

1 - 20 of 53 Posts