Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I finally managed to paint the engine cover and the plenum chamber of my dope 156 :p

Let me know what you think
Cheers :)

Here are some photos :)

Attachments

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,533 Posts
I am liking that monochrome look! Looks terrific - well done! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am liking that monochrome look! Looks terrific - well done! :)
I'm in love with this new look :)

I'm planing to paint the valve covers and fuel rails just to refresh the silver parts of the engine
but i don't know then it will happen haha I hope soon haha

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
That looks really good and very well done. Did the finish turn out as even as it looks in the photos? What paint did you use?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great. How many coats have you used?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I used VHT WRINKLE PLUS paint. On the lower cover I used about 3 thick coats and then I fried it in my kitchen oven for about 30 minutes it turned out nicely and it even dried quickly so I could easily polish letters with 800 and 1200 sand paper ( dry ) but I had to be careful not to go crazy with touching it because paint was still fresh...
On the plenum chamber I used 3 thick coats fried it in the oven for about 20 mins and then I used extra coat ( really thin ) and the effect was even better than on the first cover :) after that I fried it again in the over for about 10 to 15 mins and it was ready to polish the digits I waited about an hour and it was ready to put it back on the engine :)
Color is nice and even no differences :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts