Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to source a V6 engine to help draw up a CAD model. It is for the design and feasibility phase of a fiat500-busso project.

I know I can pick one up on ebay for around 300 but don't actually need a working engine at this point. Was wondering if anyone had a broken one getting in the way that they'd like to offload for a lot less. Can be any of the red lettered 2.5, 3.0 or 3.2s. Doesn't matter how busted it is, can have rods poking out the block if that's what you've got.

I'll make the autocad data available to anyone and everyone on grabcad or similar, you can even have the engine back when I'm done if that's helpful.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I need to source a V6 engine to help draw up a CAD model. It is for the design and feasibility phase of a fiat500-busso project.

I know I can pick one up on ebay for around 300 but don't actually need a working engine at this point. Was wondering if anyone had a broken one getting in the way that they'd like to offload for a lot less. Can be any of the red lettered 2.5, 3.0 or 3.2s. Doesn't matter how busted it is, can have rods poking out the block if that's what you've got.

I'll make the autocad data available to anyone and everyone on grabcad or similar, you can even have the engine back when I'm done if that's helpful.

Thanks for reading.
And thank you for flagging up, what could be an interesting project. Sadly I have only one Busso, but I am sure others will oblige. Failing that, there have been some brand spanking new 2.5's advertised at silly money, which could be sold on to recover the cost - under a thousand I believe. What a fascinating prospect it would be, to add two cylinders to the 2.5 as the bore and stroke of that engine is nigh on perfect and would make a brilliant V8 screamer, with genuine Alfa pedigree. Unlike every one of the current crop that are a product of other manufacturers contribution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I hadn't considered buying and reselling a known good or even a crated engine. Definite possibility.

·
Registered
1 Posts
And thank you for flagging up, what could be an interesting project. Sadly I have only one Busso, but I am sure others will oblige. Failing that, there have been some brand spanking new 2.5's advertised at silly money, which could be sold on to recover the cost - under a thousand I believe. What a fascinating prospect it would be, to add two cylinders to the 2.5 as the bore and stroke of that engine is nigh on perfect and would make a brilliant V8 screamer, with genuine Alfa pedigree. Unlike every one of the current crop that are a product of other manufacturers contribution.
I've not heard of "silly money". Can you post a link?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Debyshire, near Buxton. Have trailer, will travel.

I dug around for those "silly money" engines. It was partsworld-uk.com, which is the stoneacre alfa dealer in Chesterfield. They had a load of 2.5V6's which got down to about £850. I can't see them on the site anymore, guess they've all gone.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

I dug around for those "silly money" engines. It was partsworld-uk.com, which is the stoneacre alfa dealer in Chesterfield. They had a load of 2.5V6's which got down to about £850. I can't see them on the site anymore, guess they've all gone.
They all got sold, a few were picked up for cash for a lot less than £850! Gone to good homes although one reappeared on eBay for £3400 odd...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They all got sold, a few were picked up for cash for a lot less than £850! Gone to good homes although one reappeared on eBay for £3400 odd...
There's a couple of used 3.2's on eBay at the moment for around the 3k mark. Really don't understand that pricing at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try Googling "Engine Finder South Africa", it may be worth the effort.
Interesting site but currently just after a broken engine to work as a space model during a custom fiat-500 build, and to measure up for a CAD model so not sure a south african import is going to be economical. The low bar on price currently is the £300 being asked for used 2.5's on ebay, was hoping to find a broken parts engine nearer the £50-£100 mark and slightly closer to home (Derbyshire UK) than the cape. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
9,148 Posts

Have you asked Autolusso if they have one you could "borrow" .. ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts